Replacing Original Front Door Speakers While Keeping The Original Grill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I thought I'd share the speakers I installed in my Landcruiser front doors today while keeping the original grill. Maybe it'll help someone out.

They're the Pioneer TS-G1620F-2 2-Way 6.5" Speakers. They're actually a bit too deep and just touch the window frame thing, but it doesn’t affect anything.

After removing the old speaker, I put a bit of rubber all around the edge of the hole. This acts as a spacer and also eliminates any vibration against the metal door. It's a rubber roll with tape on the back.

Then, I bent the half screw brackets on the outside of the speaker inwards and used the proper holes on the speakers.

I used G12 25mm screws. They fit right into the original screw hole, and you can screw them all the way in.

If you have foil over the door, I used pieces of the leftover rubber and placed them on top of the foil over each hole. This also helps to eliminate any vibrations from the foil.

And that's it. They perfectly replace the original speakers

IMG_20240114_184539.jpg

IMG_20240114_184547.jpg

IMG_20240114_184621.jpg

IMG_20240114_184631.jpg

IMG_20240114_185312.jpg

Nice. I used the pioneer 1644R. I recently designed and 3d printed a spacer ring to solve this issue. The original solution was 1/8" rubber mud flaps cut into rings, Lol. Toyota sure didn't give much room anywhere to pack stuff into.

Nice. I used the pioneer 1644R. I recently designed and 3d printed a spacer ring to solve this issue. The original solution was 1/8" rubber mud flaps cut into rings, Lol. Toyota sure didn't give much room anywhere to pack stuff into.
Definitely not. I was actually surprised, but the Pioneers with the weather strip behind the speaker mounts fit perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom