Replacing injectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

Any of you change injectors just cause they were high mileage? I have a 93 pickup with a 3vze with 360,000 km on it. I'm having a slight but very annoying hesitation issue. Also, when lugging the engine slightly in 2nd or 3rd it sounds and feels like it's running on 3 cylinders. (Manual tranny, btw). Plugs are new, wires are good, dist. cap is new, tps is new, timing is good, no codes thrown.

How long do injectors last? Seafoam did nothing. Swearing made me feel better, but otherwise...

Thankin ya

Last year when I did the timing belt and valves. I don't remember the numbers, but as I recall they were ok. However, my memory needs a rebuild (also due to age), so I think I'll do a comp-test again. Thanks for that.

Last time I had my intake off I pulled the injectors and sent them to California to be cleaned and recalibrated. I could not find a place that does this locally (Vancouver, or anywhere in B.C.) That was somewhere between 370,000 and 400,000K. It's now at about 440K. Gave me peace of mind about the injectors and it's a lot cheaper than new ones.

Yes, IIRC it was RC engineering. I can go down to the basement and look in the 22re file to confirm. Witch hunter would not accept cross border shipping, which is too bad, because they are closer. (We can see them from our back deck). I would definitely do injector maintenance any time I have something major happening with the intake side. I think you can still buy OEM injectors, but for $600 each or so.

I think you're on the right track, the 3.0 and 3.4 are known for cooking injectors, especially #3 and #6 and not usually to the point where they just stop working. That would be too easy. They like to cause random missfires and leaking hot soak issues. I would replace them not have them cleaned. As far as I know those injector cleaning places don't create conditions as in a hot soak leak(subjecting them to extreme heat) to realize that the injector is actually bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom