Replacing Gauge Cluster Lens (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone replaced the lens on their gauge cluster? Any snafus when doing it? Does it just pop off or are there special steps that need to be taken to remove it?

Mine has a small crack and I'd like to replace it with a good lens. Speaking of.....anyone have a cluster or lens they want to get rid of?

You can see the crack down by the fuel gauge.
IMG_2687 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

New lens is still available from Toyota for a very reasonable price. Used lenses tend to be scratched up, deteriorated over time.

83134-60100: MSRP $44.42 7 available in the country.

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 20.15.00.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 20.15.06.png

I have had mine off to add an LED for monitoring my dual charging setup and clean the assembly. Its easy to get the lens off once you have the assembly out. It basically snaps on and off.

I have had mine off to add an LED for monitoring my dual charging setup and clean the assembly. Its easy to get the lens off once you have the assembly out. It basically snaps on and off.

And how hard is it to take the assembly out? Is that like saying it's easy to replace the PHH once you take the engine out? ;)

When I was fixing my oil pressure gauge I found a great video detailing cluster removal on YouTube that probably saved some 20 year old plastic pieces on mine. Here’s the link Dashboard cluster replacement in detail

I think you guys get a discount on the Front from Mark Miller Toyota, right?

Easiest to go local on something like this Adam.
Yeah. Toyota Bountiful does the discount but yeah I can snag one locally, just wondered if you had an easy connection. Thanks for the part# and the help.

I replaced mine (100 not 80) in less than an hour. Don't need to remove the steering wheel. Do disconnect the battery though. Just make sure you have a tray to catch the small screws from falling into steering console cover. Also, the large gold-colored screws won't seem to tighten. See picture. Doesn't seem to matter though as it all snugged up nicely with the other screws. Also, don't spray any Windex or armor all on the lens. It will cloud.

20200718_114452.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry guys this is for a Series 100.

I replaced mine (100 not 80) in less than an hour. Don't need to remove the steering wheel. Do disconnect the battery though. Just make sure you have a tray to catch the small screws from falling into steering console cover. Also, the large gold-colored screws won't seem to tighten. See picture. Doesn't seem to matter though as it all snugged up nicely with the other screws. Also, don't spray any Windex or armor all on the lens. It will cloud.

View attachment 2375737
Well, I cleaned my lens with winded about 4 months ago, and yes it has clouded. Any suggestions on how to clean it up aside from replacing it?

Anyone know if there is a difference between the ‘94 and ‘95 gauge cluster lenses? All the lenses I am finding are for ‘95 on

Anyone know if there is a difference between the ‘94 and ‘95 gauge cluster lenses? All the lenses I am finding are for ‘95 on
The part number Onur quoted works for '94s, it is the same part number. 83134-60100, only $18+ on partsouq. I think I paid $30 through a stateside Toyota Parts dealer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom