replacing catalytic converters, shop wont give back old cats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Red Merle - Haha, same here. I was (luckily) a skidder op for a guy who I dated his daughter b/c I could drive a dozer (and cut 4 cord firewood since 10yrs old as a Summer job, Mom made Dad buy a 110v Stihl & had a gas hydro-splitter so I was safe), and painted houses 1 Summer in college.

Why I used those as example

Lord, I'd a killed that 1st Summer to know a easier way than 4 cord of wood to make Pops happy. That was a heck of a Summer. But it was my only job.
- It beat picking berries like my friends, I'd always liked that part.

But yeah, calltags & a monthly run to a recycle center - that's a job I'd like when retired & bored.

@Red Merle - Haha, same here. I was (luckily) a skidder op for a guy who I dated his daughter b/c I could drive a dozer (and cut 4 cord firewood since 10yrs old as a Summer job, Mom made Dad buy a 110v Stihl & had a gas hydro-splitter so I was safe), and painted houses 1 Summer in college.

Why I used those as example

Lord, I'd a killed that 1st Summer to know a easier way than 4 cord of wood to make Pops happy. That was a heck of a Summer. But it was my only job.
- It beat picking berries like my friends, I'd always liked that part.

But yeah, calltags & a monthly run to a recycle center - that's a job I'd like when retired & bored.
That was such a Washington way of saying it... you guys and your wood products! I was a flatlander from Wisconsin, out to make a living in Oregon. I lied my way into being a short order cook at a diner in Corvallis. Day one, first morning, I started getting tickets with just people's names on them. Hank, Pete, George..etc. I was supposed to know what they wanted, just by that. It took awhile for them to catch on that I really didn't know what I was doing but because I had been working in restaurants since I was 14, I kinda had an idea of what they did and just made it up as I went. I got demoted to dish dog a couple days later and quit when I found a gig as a chimney sweep. That led to construction jobs, which lead to carpentry jobs which led to me owning a business as a remodeling contractor which lead to me getting bored with wood and taking an interest in machines and well, here we are.

I have always been a capitalist at heart though. I had a 120 paper, paper route, starting at age 11. By 13 I was a "middle school millionaire" which meant that I was pocketing $700 per month after my folks skimmed another $750 for my college fund. When I was 14, I learned how to water ski on a family vacation in Canada and I decided when I returned to WI that I was going to buy a ski boat. Back then, everything was in the newspaper classifieds, and I hit the BOAT section pretty hard for a few weeks until I settled on a nice runabout with a 120 HP inboard that was ready to ski or fish from. I asked the old man if he could give me a ride down to the neighborhood that the boat was in and he asked "Why?" I explained that we were going down to make a deal on the boat. He was like, "Boat? What boat?". I let him know what it was and I showed him the bankroll that I had. I will never forget the look he gave me as he tried to process how his 14 year old son had decided that he could have a ski boat, never mind he didn't have anything to tow it with, nor was he a legal driver. :hillbilly:

There was an official audit of my funds after that incident, but that didn't stop me from buying a '72 VW Westy as my first car for $800, two years later. ;)

Could you please either post or PM me the name of this place so a fellow zonie can avoid the shysters

thanks

GA is no better than WA, mine was spent plowing fields and now you all know why i part out cruisers. sure, its still hard work... but its way more fun.

Just an example of why they wanted to lie and take your cats; I recycled about 50 cats earlier this month from various vehicles, just got a check for nearly $4K. There's (Platinum, Palladium, and Rhodium) in them there hills!

Unfortunately, owning two Land Cruisers is the equivalent of lighting that money on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom