Replacement Rocker Panels? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if they exist and have a link for them?

I hope to attack the rust in mine this summer and would rather have some preformed Panels to work with rather than forming them by hand.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if they exist and have a link for them?

I hope to attack the rust in mine this summer and would rather have some preformed Panels to work with rather than forming them by hand.

Thanks.

61312-60190, Don't know if in stock stateside.
The factory panels do not extend the full length of the rocker and include the lower portion of the b-pillar.
The quarters will include the rearward section of the rocker.

Best option is to find a good fab shop to make something up.

61312-60190, Don't know if in stock stateside.
The factory panels do not extend the full length of the rocker and include the lower portion of the b-pillar.
The quarters will include the rearward section of the rocker.

Best option is to find a good fab shop to make something up.
Thanks, that was an option, but was thinking of trying it all myself.

There was a guy in Poland on eBay at one point, but shipping was like $400. I chopped mine and tubed them.
IMG_4675.jpeg

@whitec13 I started a thread nearly 10 years ago about this... I think yours is the first 100 I've seen....

There was a guy in Poland on eBay at one point, but shipping was like $400. I chopped mine and tubed them. View attachment 3571536

I was actually going to suggest this as well but figured very few would want to go this route.
I did this to my Sprinter van a few years back. Cut out the inner and outer sections and grafted in 2x3 .083 wall.

I was actually going to suggest this as well but figured very few would want to go this route.
I did this to my Sprinter van a few years back. Cut out the inner and outer sections and grafted in 2x3 .083 wall.
I like this and may very well go this direction.

@whitec13 I started a thread nearly 10 years ago about this... I think yours is the first 100 I've seen....

Oddly enough your thread was my F-it I’m going for it inspiration.

The biggest thing with this job is weld heat and balancing that heat. The tubing I used is 1/8th wall and the body panels obviously much thinner.

I planned to follow up your thread with my process or make a new one, but until then I would be willing to share any notes with anyone attempting this.

It’s also worth noting that I in no way intend for these to be a full weight slider option. I view them more for light duty body protection (small trees, brush, etc) and an easy cheap choice to replace roached rockers.

Edit: I forgot, I did make a thread.
Thread 'Rusted Rocker Redo'
Rusted Rocker Redo - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rusted-rocker-redo.1287514/

Last edited:
Right on! I don’t see them as a full on HD slider either but they are 2-3” higher than a normal slider and the higher up, the less work they get. The added clearance will be nice.

I had the problem regarding welding the existing sheet metal to the thicker box tubing. No matter the settings on our welder I would too often blowing thru the sheet. I was able to knock it down and clean it up fairly well. Adding a coat of paintable body schutz to the rocker section really helped clean it up.

I had the problem regarding welding the existing sheet metal to the thicker box tubing. No matter the settings on our welder I would too often blowing thru the sheet. I was able to knock it down and clean it up fairly well. Adding a coat of paintable body schutz to the rocker section really helped clean it up.
The welding took forever. I was advised by one of our engineers on my approach. All welds were about 2” in length max, alternating from the front of the truck to the back, pushing my weld in opposite directions. Another key was I took the outer rocker skin and used a tube drop to hone in on my weld settings and figure out my technique for welding the opposing sizes. It was an entire weekend of welding all day - 4 welds over 6’ long while trying not to a) burn and crack the body and b) still get enough heat penetration without blowing through.
Still super solid after a year plus.

Pigdog - I just purchased some rocker panels recently for a 100-series on e-bay from "partsonline24hours" @ Security Measure - https://www.ebay.com/str/partsonline24hours. It was $200.00 for the two rocker/side sill pieces that I needed for the driver's side of my vehicle. The best news is that the price included free shipping from Kaunas, Lithuania, and it only took about two weeks to receive. I was impressed with the quality of the sheet metal, and it was relatively easy to crop and weld into place. Let me know if you need any pictures.

Pigdog - I just purchased some rocker panels recently for a 100-series on e-bay from "partsonline24hours" @ Security Measure - https://www.ebay.com/str/partsonline24hours. It was $200.00 for the two rocker/side sill pieces that I needed for the driver's side of my vehicle. The best news is that the price included free shipping from Kaunas, Lithuania, and it only took about two weeks to receive. I was impressed with the quality of the sheet metal, and it was relatively easy to crop and weld into place. Let me know if you need any pictures.
Wow they have lots of panels. If you don't mind I would love to see some pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom