Replacement Headlight Assembly, non OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like your picture didn't post. I'm interested in what others say to this. I was initially looking at replacing mine, but then i saw the cost for OEM, then I realized OEMs aren't available anyway.. and then I realized that I'll settle for just replacing the rubber grommets that I'm missing for a whole lot less money, but still I'm curious what the aftermarket options are now that OEMs aren't available.

Looks like your picture didn't post. I'm interested in what others say to this. I was initially looking at replacing mine, but then i saw the cost for OEM, then I realized OEMs aren't available anyway.. and then I realized that I'll settle for just replacing the rubber grommets that I'm missing for a whole lot less money, but still I'm curious what the aftermarket options are now that OEMs aren't available.
Hey, sorry about that. Pasted the link, I’ll send a photo next... here is a source I found for used lights. Anyone tried buying from this outfit?

Where are they manufactured? Seems like there used to be an aftermarket headlamp assembly made in Europe somewhere?? Forget about made in Chynna kerapp, won't do it.

Where are they manufactured? Seems like there used to be an aftermarket headlamp assembly made in Europe somewhere?? Forget about made in Chynna kerapp, won't do it.
I agree, would like some legit ones with this styling

There are some threads about this, but I’ve seen most on “what did you do with your 80”. Beware on these (Chinese) aftermarket halo kits, because most are just LED for the halo’s, etc, but not the headlamps (can’t tell on this Amazon add). Been looking into this extensively.

This company has the full meal deal (not shown on website, have to call) replacements with nice crystals and all LED, but it’s $1K.

cruiserparts.net is reputable.

Replacing with double rectangle 81 style lights plus LED’s will likely cost well over $1K...

There are some threads about this, but I’ve seen most on “what did you do with your 80”. Beware on these (Chinese) aftermarket halo kits, because most are just LED for the halo’s, etc, but not the headlamps (can’t tell on this Amazon add). Been looking into this extensively.

This company has the full meal deal (not shown on website, have to call) replacements with nice crystals and all LED, but it’s $1K.

Replacing with double rectangle 81 style lights plus LED’s will likely cost well over $1K...
Just an FYI, BXBuilt responded right away with at 12 week lead time and less than $1000 for a prefabricated led projection headlight upgrade. Installation not included but it's quoted as plug and play.

Single Pair - $750
Quad Projectors - $950
plus options for halo, rgb, demon eyes... pretty tempting

Just an FYI, BXBuilt responded right away with at 12 week lead time and less than $1000 for a prefabricated led projection headlight upgrade. Installation not included but it's quoted as plug and play.

Single Pair - $750
Quad Projectors - $950
plus options for halo, rgb, demon eyes... pretty tempting
FYI, I found DEPOS that claim to be DOT certified here:

Amazon product ASIN B08M4DZ911

I've got my '95 LC in the shop getting things done and aftermarket lights are definitely on the list. If you haven't looked at the 80's mod faq, I found this. These look great and look to improve lighting by a ton...but, they don't look like plug and play.

I just sent them an email as well. I don't know if this is right but when I went to their site, it says today only, 20% 0ff w code BXPHOTO20. Expires at midnight.

I just sent them an email as well. I don't know if this is right but when I went to their site, it says today only, 20% 0ff w code BXPHOTO20. Expires at midnight.

I just spoke to them and even though the lights for the 80 are custom he is honoring the 20% off for next two days.

Been discussed before, but you need to be careful; many aftermarket LED or HID lights/lamp assemblys on the market (mostly made in Chynna) blind the heck out of oncoming traffic and are not safe.

Last edited:
I have oem headlights with leds installed for high and low beams, and use the Slee headlight harness, works great. If I remember right I think was around 500 for the leds and whatever slee sells the harness for

I have oem headlights with leds installed for high and low beams, and use the Slee headlight harness, works great. If I remember right I think was around 500 for the leds and whatever slee sells the harness for
I always thought to use HID or higher output LEDs, you needed a different power supply? What LED bulbs did you get and from where? Thanks!

I just spoke to them and even though the lights for the 80 are custom he is honoring the 20% off for next two days.
I wish I could buy them but they replied they aren't doing custom orders now :(

Hey all,

I just dropped the $$ and got the plug n play quad projectors from BXBuilt.com. The hard part...12-16 week lead time. They do have a $200 rush fee but my renovation is taking the slow lane so by the time I get my scheel-mann seats installed and get it painted, the new lights will be here.

Hey all,

I just dropped the $$ and got the plug n play quad projectors from BXBuilt.com. The hard part...12-16 week lead time. They do have a $200 rush fee but my renovation is taking the slow lane so by the time I get my scheel-mann seats installed and get it painted, the new lights will be here.

Cant wait to see it! Sounds like you’re doing it right!

Cant wait to see it! Sounds like you’re doing it right!
I'll be getting my LC back from Man-a-Fre in Vegas near the end of the month...then it's off to the painters and hopefully my quad projector lights will arrive right after that.
1623190729311.png

Andrew at BXBuilt pointed me to this picture that showed the output of the quad projectors I'm getting. Compared to my Tesla Model 3 I always felt like I was losing my sight when I drove my LC. This should remedy that.

Looks like the lamps above are blasting the entire two lane road?? Any concerns that aftermarket lights could blind traffic in front of and coming at the vehicle?

It's become a big problem in my area; the brighter the better, or so think too many people who don't understand or care about what happens when they install aftermarket lamps that throw out a lot of uncontrolled, unfocused light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom