Removing Rear Soft Brake Hose... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a trick to undoing the soft hose from the hard line where the two meet up in the frame rail? On mine, there is no room to turn a wrench - at all. Please tell me I don't have to drop the fuel tank, what a PITA...

p.s. I have a BJ42, but I'm assuming the brake lines are the same as an FJ40. I have drums all around if it matters, don't think it does.

eJmyN

Last edited:
What year is your 42 my 42 has disc on the front not sure if year makes a difference on the brake line placement,if I am not mistaken you can undo the hard line then remove the clip that holds the union in place and just tuck the soft line out of the way, it has been awhile since I have been under mine.

What year is your 42 my 42 has disc on the front not sure if year makes a difference on the brake line placement,if I am not mistaken you can undo the hard line then remove the clip that holds the union in place and just tuck the soft line out of the way, it has been awhile since I have been under mine.

Dieseler, mine is an 82. Problem is I don't have any room/space to physically turn a wrench on the hardline. I can undue the clip that holds the union to the frame, but doesn't fix the problem. Hmmmm...

I had a heck of a time getting mine loose, and I had room to work.

While you are figuring out a plan - soak the heck out of it with PB Blaster / Liquid Wrench.

I ended up cutting the hose, so I could slip a box wrench over the nut on the soft end. I had to grab the hardline with Vice-Grips because the nut was buggered up.

I was really worried about twisting off the hardline.

Good Luck - Take your time....

Rocky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom