Removing bedliner/Monstaliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Any tricks for easily/cleanly removing bedliner?

PO rolled/sprayed the lower 6-8" of body, and I want to go back to full stock color.

I've heat-gunned it some and gotten a bit off, but it takes clear coat with it. Next step is a flap disc.

Just wondering if anyone had a trick to get it done easily.

On monstaliner instagram they were using citrus strip to remove to bare metal in a video this week. I'm not sure it's possible to only remove monstaliner and being able to leave original paint? Maybe just scuff amd tint new liner closer to original paint.

If you are sure that it is ML I believe it can be painted over. Might try contacting them. Other way is to use MEK to soften and then either wipe or scrape off. Be cautious MEK is nasty stuff.

Not sure what the actual product is, but it was rolled on so it has a definite texture. I'll check out the MEK and citrus stripper.

I'd be okay with it as-is and just painting over it, but it extends past the top of the fender flares (which I want to re-mount). Filth flarn flarn filth.

dynabrade dynazip wheel. The most efficient tool I have used for this.

Stripping off monstaliner. Or at least trying. So, I tried Aircraft Paint Remover, it took a little bit off, but it would take gallons of that stuff to ever remove it all. I'm trying the citrus strip now, hoping that if it sets for 18 hours or so it might do the job. In 30 minutes it took off a thin layer, so I am hoping that if it sits longer it will take off more.
Heat gun with a putty knife sounds terrible. The dry ice recommended above was actually for the carpet underlayment, not monstaliner.

Wondering what other options there are? Anybody had any good success?

Has anyone tried a pressure washer?

The idea behind the dry ice is that it will make the coating contract and pop it off of the underlying surface. I've used it to take off small areas of bedliner and similar materials, but would hate to try it on anything extensive.