Removed visor and interior lights not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s dark now so I’ll check fuses in the morning but none of my interior lights are working. Might be just a coincidence but I removed my visors tonight, taped the connections for the vanity mirrors and stuffed the wires back in the liner when I installed a set of Rosen visors. I don’t know if the wires touched each other prior to me taping them but the key was not on. Could this have something to do with my interior lights not working? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Robert

Just saw and old ost regarding dome light fuse. In his post the radio wasn’t working either. Just went out and checked and my radio is dead too. Will check done light fuse in the morning. Could I have caused an issue when removing the visor?

Thanks

Robert

Believe those are always hot so if you touched um probably blew the fuse

Sounds like a positive wire got shorted and popped the fuse. I'd pull the wires back out and inspect. I'd do that before you put a new fuse in and pop it.

Good advice. Could they have shorted touching each other and would that have blown the dome light fuse.

Just saw the post above confirming those wires are alway hot. Man I feel like a dumb ass not being more careful. Hopefully it’s just a fuse and I didn’t smoke some wiring. I think the dome fuse is under the hood. I’ll check it in the morning and report thanks guys.

Robert

Just saw the post above confirming those wires are alway hot. Man I feel like a dumb ass not being more careful. Hopefully it’s just a fuse and I didn’t smoke some wiring. I think the dome fuse is under the hood. I’ll check it in the morning and report thanks guys.

Robert
No harm. Prob just a fuse.

It could be that when you pulled off the visor the wire's insulation got shaved on the sheet metal or something similar. You don't have water up there from a leaky sunroof, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom