relay/fuse blocks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in the same boat. I actually ordered one of the cheap Amazon ones, but it arrived broken so I am back at square one. Quality was not impressive, with warped, brittle plastic housing parts and no semblance of waterproofing anywhere despite the claims. The Bussmann fuse and relay blocks look pretty nice, except that they don’t take the standard Bosch style 5-pin relay.

I’m in the same boat. I actually ordered one of the cheap Amazon ones, but it arrived broken so I am back at square one. Quality was not impressive, with warped, brittle plastic housing parts and no semblance of waterproofing anywhere despite the claims. The Bussmann fuse and relay blocks look pretty nice, except that they don’t take the standard Bosch style 5-pin relay.
Bussmann are great, very reliable.
They also make custom circuits is standard boxes, but with a minimum order (i think it was 12 units last time I've orderred).
The relays are pretty common and easy to obtain.
Good luck

I know relays are easy to get, I am more interested in a clean installation that has both relays and fuses in one assembly. Like for instance I will be putting in two relays and fuses for the seat heaters and two relays and fuses for the electric lockers. Would like to put these under the dash thereby only running one power wire through the dash instead of 4. And maybe redo some of the wiring that is already coming through the firewall

Found this relay with a fuse holder built in. Maybe make some kind of a bar/mount that I could then mount 4 or more in a row.

IMG_9564.jpeg

Then there is also this option but probably a lot bigger/messier than what I’m looking for

IMG_9565.jpeg

Bussman box, hands down

Everything you need to know

Bussman are decent but kinda bulky and don't have many options for configurability. They are more aimed at the consumer crowd. We typically use Littelfuse panels, they make hundreds of variants but aren't really marketed towards typical consumers so you need to be a bit more familiar with ordering from electronics supplier catalogues. What you want to be looking for are "PDM"'s
First thing is to determine exactly how many fuses, relays, etc you need and the currents going through them and I would draw exactly how you are going to wire it before ordering a panel. I would also highly recommend quality wire like TXL so you can use smaller gauges and it will make daisy-chaining fuses and relays together a lot easier

I am more interested in a clean installation that has both relays and fuses in one assembly. Like for instance I will be putting in two relays and fuses for the seat heaters and two relays and fuses for the electric lockers. Would like to put these under the dash thereby only running one power wire through the dash instead of 4.
Take a look at Switch-Pros or sPod. It's exactly what you describe but pricey. Solid state, no relays, practically no fuses, waterproof module and control panel. I believe 12v only.

Bussman box, hands down

Everything you need to know

I am 100% on team Bussman. I have two RTMRs on a custom bracket under the hood, next to my battery. I followed @slcfj62's excellent diagrams and this excessively detailed tutorial on tacomaworld. Just dont follow the TW thread's advice on 10g wire. 12g txl wire is much easier to work with and sufficient for most loads. Parts came from Waytek and DelCity.

Tho I must admit the littlefuse HWB18 looks kinda nice if you don't need as many circuits.

Last edited:
The Littlefuse is indeed smaller than the Bussman. It does not eliminate the "behind the scenes" wiring. What is on the other side of the mounting panel and what other "supporting" pieces such as a ground bus are required. The big difference I see is there is no bus bar built into the Littlefusse (not that I have found) and there is on the Bussman if you want one, I do. I run one power source to the box and distribute it at the box. I run a sperate ground bus with the box because I run power and ground out to devices in pairs, do not count on body and chassis grounds. So, to wire things how I prefer, I need a ground bus with the Bussman and a ground and power bus with the Littlefuse.

I do not see enough advantage in the Littefuse to change personally. I'm a consumer :)

Littlefuse only photo of the back side I could find, granted, not the neatest
2-jpg.107847

Bussman I wired up mounted to fender mount housing With ground bus bar. There are 5 fuse/relay circuits and one fused circuit coming out of this box along with a harness to the dash for 5 switches carrying it's own ground for the switches. Same can be done on the Littlefuse
138907084_4055797851117742_2738551538766640873_n.jpg

The Littlefuse is indeed smaller than the Bussman. It does not eliminate the "behind the scenes" wiring. What is on the other side of the mounting panel and what other "supporting" pieces such as a ground bus are required. The big difference I see is there is no bus bar built into the Littlefusse (not that I have found) and there is on the Bussman if you want one, I do. I run one power source to the box and distribute it at the box. I run a sperate ground bus with the box because I run power and ground out to devices in pairs, do not count on body and chassis grounds. So, to wire things how I prefer, I need a ground bus with the Bussman and a ground and power bus with the Littlefuse.

I do not see enough advantage in the Littefuse to change personally. I'm a consumer :)

Littlefuse only photo of the back side I could find, granted, not the neatest
2-jpg.107847

Bussman I wired up mounted to fender mount housing With ground bus bar. There are 5 fuse/relay circuits and one fused circuit coming out of this box along with a harness to the dash for 5 switches carrying it's own ground for the switches. Same can be done on the Littlefuse
138907084_4055797851117742_2738551538766640873_n.jpg
thanks that helps a lot

I just made a couple bussman boxes for headlights and aux circuits for a friend's 80 and am about to make him one for his 62 and 40. And I plan to do one for my 75. I like the option of inernal bussing and have used both. External busses can get messy quick.

@NCFJ 's setup is pretty slick but shows how buses require some thought.

Maybe I will make time to post pics and descriptions of the next one I make.

Last edited:
I just made a couple bussman boxes for headlights and aux circuits for a friend's 80 and am about to make him one for his 62 and 40. And I plan to do one for my 75. I like the option of inernal bussing and have used both. External busses can get messy quick.

Your setup is pretty slick. Maybe I will make time to post pics and descriptions of the next one I make.
that would help, thanks. maybe I will get a bussmann one too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom