Relay and Fuse Block Plate Mod - In Front of Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would love to see what someone else comes up with. After doing this prototype, I have some ideas on how to improve the design. Really would like for it to drop in from the top without removing the battery. Also, would prefer for it to be on an aluminum plate, rather than the plastic deck material. But, the plastic was very forgiving as far as putting screws in and moving things around for the prototype.

Here's mine, post #56:
post #118

I should have made the wires for the winch control and the lights a bit longer in order to be able to remove the panel without having to fight it. Haven't had issues with moisture, but the truck lives in AZ.
Three of the relays are winch control: two SPDT for running the winch from inside the cab via a repurposed antenna switch, and one SPST to power the connector to accept either the regular winch controller of the remote control. Slee actually makes an integrated circuit board for that, and that will be what's going into our LX. I have a Waytek integrated relay/fuse block sitting around as well. With the mini relays it is more compact, but I haven't taken the time to figure out the wiring scheme (it's the 'do I want a positive bus or a negative bus' question...).

I can only assume with so many lights that it must get very dark where you live.
Ha! I am building this rig with my 14 year old son, and he wanted a lot of lights. I am letting him have some leeway on what we are doing with the build. That was one thing he thought would be cool, and he had to do all of the soldering of the wires, so, he is now an expert at that. It is only insurance money from the house burning down...

I have my relays for my accessory lights as well as a circuit breaker in the same area. I am continually fighting relay issues in there that I am sure is moisture related. I have replaced the relays in there twice in the last 4 years to give you an idea.

I have a fuse block that is inboard from the battery box and I have no issues with that. It's above the ABS module.

I need to move my relays and such from the area in front of the battery to reduce the issues I am having, but that means I need to re-route some of my wiring. Right now, it costs me less in time to just keep swapping relays.
Good info. I should be fine until deer season in the fall, as it does not rain in CA until then. I will take another look at a shield that covers the top and front of the assembly to shed any water away from the relays. Thanks for the heads up.

Good info. I should be fine until deer season in the fall, as it does not rain in CA until then. I will take another look at a shield that covers the top and front of the assembly to shed any water away from the relays. Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe a piece of inner tube to slide down over it with the top rolled and stapled to keep it all relatively dry.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom