you will have to have it inspected, the vin will be flagged . happened with all mine.So.... your experience may vary. I took my paperwork from the dealer to the DMV today. I had it insured the moment it left the dealership just in case. So here was the process for a 1981 FJ43 purchased from Gateway Classics (Orlando showroom, so FL title)
Thats it. No mistery inspections, nothing else. I asked if I needed any other inspections and she said "no, you are all set until next December, title will come in the mail".
- Told her what I had and she asked me for all the paperwork from the dealer and my license
- The insurance info was in the paperwork
- She highlighted a few pages, asked me sign the title, then another document, not sure what it was
- Asked me if I wanted a plate, I said sure!
- Told the taxed owed, paid that
- Asked me to select a plate type
- Took a 12-21 sticker and put that on the plate
- Printed the registration and handed it all back to me with a "enjoy your new ride"