SOLD 1990 HDJ81 in Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy Y'all,

Selling off my wife's 81. She bought a newer car and we are selling this one to offset the cost. Besides, I still have the troopy :) It's been a great rig, as 80s are, and we have done a lot to it mechanically ($12k worth of work). Check out the CL listing below for details. Feel free to ask questions here as I've nothing to hide. It is not super clean as others on here have claimed, but it is mechanically sound and well cared for.

Muchas Gracias!
Scott

Toyota HDJ81 Land Cruiser 1990 turbo-diesel

Last edited:
2015 Audi Q5, which is why we need to off load our 80. I could get more $ for the troopy, which is not as comfortable or capable, but I like it more and have a lot of love into it.

Dropped the price a bit. That first Audi payment is a motivator¡

Is the windshield ‘rust -thru’ or surface? (Have u poked with a sharp needle to see if it goes thru?)

It is very solid and only surface. I noticed it when they replaced the windshield two years ago, and it was just starting then.

GLWS thats the ONLY rig I would consider selling the monstah for.

GLWS thats the ONLY rig I would consider selling the monstah for.
Thanks¡ I am surprised it hasn't sold yet. It is a great rig and priced well under the big importers.

Have you gotten a estimate from a body shop on what they would charge to repair the rust?
I have not because most of our local body shops only deal in insurance claims and are very expensive as well, but I'll look around to see if anyone does restoration work.

I see the rigs on Ebay now. Sent a PM for photos of rust and rust prone areas.

link to craigslist ad doesn't work

link to craigslist ad doesn't work
Thanks. The link has been updated and price further reduced. That new car payment is a motivator.

looks clean enough if its just surface rust. I've seen 3 different prices. $12k on Mud, $14.5 on CL qnd $9k on Ebay. which is it??

looks clean enough if its just surface rust. I've seen 3 different prices. $12k on Mud, $14.5 on CL qnd $9k on Ebay. which is it??
The lowest price. I'm motivated because of aforementioned reasons and it's a great rig. I'm not the best salesman and I'm probably too honest, which is why it hasn't sold. People are understandably scared of rust, but it is ubiquitous among LCs somewhere. Rust free on an 80? Bah. Doesn't exist.
This truck runs great. It just needs some love on the outside. Someone make me a reasonable offer and you win a sweet 80.

The lowest price. I'm motivated because of aforementioned reasons and it's a great rig. I'm not the best salesman and I'm probably too honest, which is why it hasn't sold. People are understandably scared of rust, but it is ubiquitous among LCs somewhere. Rust free on an 80? Bah. Doesn't exist.
This truck runs great. It just needs some love on the outside. Someone make me a reasonable offer and you win a sweet 80.
being in NH, I'm used to rust at this point. My 100 is no longer legal to drive due to rust now. Doesnt look like too much rust, Looks like a nice rig

SOLD!!! To a nice guy who's going to use it for its intended purpose: rural mail carrier. Hope to see him join mud sometime soon.

Curious, do you mind Sharing final price with us? Seems as if it’s a changing market on the JDM rigs. I’m in southern CO and thought about making the drive had the weather not been bad. Glad it worked out for you.

@RhinoRig Congrats on the sale. Nice rig and price

Did this have the custom fit seat covers? I was trying to share with a mudder yesterday but couldnt find the pics. Mind linking the source if so?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom