Recommend a Cruiser Mechanic in your area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have The FJ60 Mechanics Gsheet which I built out of the "mechanics list by state" thread
I also have This Map created from that data.
If you see anything in this thread that is missing let me know.
I'll scan this thread at some point as well.
I believe that Greg's Imports in Tucson has closed. And, over on another thread on Mud, Cubbons Automotive (3149 E Columbia St, Tucson, AZ 85714, (520) 573-9542) was mentioned as being legit, though I cannot vouch for them personally.

Late last year, I called Truck Shop (in San Diego, CA) to work on my FJ62 and it seems that they no touch any TLC that old.
I'm sure they still work on FJ80s but seemingly nothing older

I understand that Jim Dickey in Gardena, CA has passed away? I was trying to find him in October of last year and found out through one of his friends that referred clients to him.

Just moving to Orlando, FL area and looking for someone capabile of working on my 1984 Land Cruiser HJ60. Please let me know if someone comes to mind, doesnt need to be a shop but I can settle for a knowledgable person who knows what they are doing.

Hello everyone, i have a FJ62 and I am looking for a mechanic in Long Island NY, any suggestions?
Thank you very much

I have The FJ60 Mechanics Gsheet which I built out of the "mechanics list by state" thread
This is very cool. Thanks for this contribution.

Does anyone have a recommendation for transmission work on a '62 in the southern california region? All the shops I've called on the list have 1) not gotten back to me 2) dont work on trucks this old

Hello everyone, i have a FJ62 and I am looking for a mechanic in Long Island NY, any suggestions?
Thank you very much
I have a one for anyone interested. Send me a Pm and I will send over contact info. St. James NY in Suffolk County

I noticed you have Miles in Bozeman listed. I wish. He was the best, but he retired. Also, you have Willard's garage in Billings. I had them put my suspension on my 60 and I told them there were - and+ and they needed to be put on right side or you will get lean. They didn't. Also screwed me on some other work not on my landcruiser. I wouldn't recommend. I use Darren Theurer, 406-245-4400. He has always done good work for my 60.

Last edited:
Anyone know a good mechanic in, or pretty close to Saugerties, NY that knows their way around an FJ62? I'm having some trouble finding someone to troubleshoot and my truck is currently out of commission. Thanks ahead of time!

I noticed you have Miles in Bozeman listed. I wish. He was the best, but he retired. Also, you have Willard's garage in Billings. I had them put my suspension on my 60 and I told them there were - and+ and they needed to be put on right side or you will get lean. They didn't. Also screwed me on some other work not on my landcruiser. I wouldn't recommend. I use Darren Theurer, 406-245-4400. He has always done good work for my 60.
Deleted Miles, put a note on Willards, added Darren.
Thank you for feedback on The FJ60 Mechanics gsheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom