Rebuild Kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i got my 2f totally apart, the block, crank and head are at the Machine shop, getting cleaned up after the wrist pins tore the @&@&@&@& out of the 1st 4th and 6th cylinders, i got pics for you boys hold on! well now im wondering who has the best motor rebuild kit for a 2F, im talking gaskets, lifts, bearing, and all that, any one know?

umui.jpg

sdehg2.jpg

sdehg.jpg

nice carnage..

I think another block might be a good idea..

Mace said:
nice carnage..

I think another block might be a good idea..

im just getting this one sleeved and bored

I have never been overly comfortable with a sleeve.. Don't know why.. I just never have...

I bet a good block would be cheaper..

How much is a bore and sleeve?

im not sure but they are only sleeving the 3 bad one, and my block is under bore for some reason, 3.21 was my arvg for all 6 cylinders and from what i read Toy spec is like 3.7 but once i hear from the shop ill let yall know.

I wouldn't sleeve it. A good core block shouldn't be that hard to find and should be cheaper. Some people give them away.

Free 2F block & head.

Pin_Head said:
I wouldn't sleeve it. A good core block shouldn't be that hard to find and should be cheaper. Some people give them away.
Totally agree, no reason to sleeve one of these blocks.

If anybody wants a buildable, stock bore 1978 2F block, it's on the scrap trailer out front. There's a good head on it too. Come and get it. Located central Ohio.

ok i just got a whole motor from a 60 for $750, only like 80,000 mile on it!

FJ40onNOS said:
ok i just got a whole motor from a 60 for $750, only like 80,000 mile on it!
I would have sold you mine for $500..

lol

;)

Bought one with (only?) 100 k on the clock in austin recently for 500. 9 hr trip, one way, had to buy a 900 dollar trailer for the beast once there because I couldn't get it in the Tundra without possible damage to the beast of a motor, the pickup, or both.. Ever ask yer self, "what the hell am I thinking?" Anyway, the 2F is home, I have a new utility trailer, and nobody died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom