Reassembling valve cover...what goes here? Not a standard carb. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sK9WIU4.jpg

Where does the PCV valve hose go, and what goes in the little round hole near the fill cap? The little hole near the fill cap was plugged with a stick when I bought it. Thanks.

The PVC valve goes to the base of the carburetor I think...... The forward hole goes to the air filter housing. So basically both need to go to the carburetor somehow. Though, you could probably block off the forward hole.
Isn't it common to stick some sort of filter on the forward hole? As I recall, air goes in the forward hole, and out the PCV to the carb.

Where on the carb should I be looking for? I doubt it was ever hooked up honestly.

On a stock set up the PCV goes to the carb baseplate. The forward valve cover nipple should have a hoe that goes to the middle of the air cleaner top cover. The routing provides for engine ventilation to remove blow-by gasses and saves gaskets.

On a stock set up the PCV goes to the carb baseplate. The forward valve cover nipple should have a hoe that goes to the middle of the air cleaner top cover. The routing provides for engine ventilation to remove blow-by gasses and saves gaskets.

Can I plug it, or should I get a filter for it? I have been examining my carb and I can't figure out where this hose ever was attached. And the back of the engine (where I found the loose end of the hose) is filthy. So maybe the PO never connected it.

Filter of some kind for the nipple. The pcv is blow-by output from the crankcase and will be 'dirty' with oil and gas vapors, it needs to be sucked back into the engine to make the EPA happy. Simplest is to get an angled fitting and stick it through the top of your air cleaner, attach pcv hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom