Rear View Mirror Compass! Need Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
O.K. so I just purchased a 2003 Land Cruiser and I attempted to get the rear view mirror compass to work. The auto button is lighted and the auto dimmer works great. LOVE IT! O.K. Back on Track now, so I don't see the compass lighted as it states int he owner's manual. I held the auto button for more than 3 seconds and still I see nothing. Is it possible that it doesn't have a compass? Can a fuse be blown? I thought that the compass/auto dimmer mirrors are standard in the 2003 model. Anyway, if anyone knows why I'm not seeing the compass light up, it would be greatly appreciated! :D

I’m having the same issue in my 05.

Im pretty sure my 05 does not have a compass....currently walking outside to check..lol.

Nothing comes up on mine

20200305_184814.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what’s going on. Anyone else having the same problem?

There are two variants of the auto dimming mirror one variant has no compass the other with a compass you can tell that it has a compass by looking to the top right corner of it there should be a black display up there

There are two variants of the auto dimming mirror one variant has no compass the other with a compass you can tell that it has a compass by looking to the top right corner of it there should be a black display up there
Never knew that.. I would have assumed the one with a compass would have come in the LX

Never knew that.. I would have assumed the one with a compass would have come in the LX
It was probably an option or something as not all 100's come equipped with it as far as I know in the middle east we had 3 options a basic mirror, an auto dimming mirror, and an auto dimming mirror with a compass but it seems random what you got my 100 is not that high of a trim and it has the compass equipped mirror and I've seen some higher trim 100s with a basic mirror on them

On Lexus vehicles, if navigation was optional ( circa early 2000s), the cars with navigation would have a regular auto dimming mirror. Those that do not have navigation would have a compass... sometimes on the center info display, sometimes on the mirror. It could be the same on LC100s

2001 lx470 non-nav with mark Levinson and 6 disc changer...

It has the Auto Dimming with Compass.

2005 LC with NAV, auto dimming mirror, no compass.

The mirror with the compass has a black square in the corner for the compass display.
1583508850403.png

*I added the mirror. This was not a factory option in my 1999 LC.

I seem to recall reading in the owners manual that the mirror compass only came if you did not have the factory navigation system. Pretty sure all US '03 and newer had the nav system and hence no mirror compass. My '04 does not have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom