Rear Toyota Round badge - knockoff? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vae Victus

Posting more than I know
Threads
I purchased this rear badge a while ago and it’s been sitting in my parts ready to be installed. I was measuring today to see where it should line up on the rear and noticed that the rear posts where it screws in have about 10 mm of extrusion prior to the screw posts that don’t look correct.

Is this the way it’s supposed to be set up? It does not look like when you drill through the rear quarter panel that the nuts would be able to hold it in place properly. I’m also pretty sure that you don’t allow this to stand off from the rear panel - which would make you drill quarter inch holes instead of 1/8th inch holes, roughly speaking.

Sorry for the big pictures, I’m posting from my phone and can’t adjust their size.

6AD1BD13-5407-4E86-AC5C-1774EE95FC3E.jpeg
42965496-6D90-401C-AE4A-24C7E825DF3A.jpeg

4162B050-DAB4-49E4-A425-1AB0BEFA8347.jpeg

That is correct. There's alittle piece beside the nut that holds the badge on.

I purchased this rear badge a while ago and it’s been sitting in my parts ready to be installed. I was measuring today to see where it should line up on the rear and noticed that the rear posts where it screws in have about 10 mm of extrusion prior to the screw posts that don’t look correct.

Is this the way it’s supposed to be set up? It does not look like when you drill through the rear quarter panel that the nuts would be able to hold it in place properly. I’m also pretty sure that you don’t allow this to stand off from the rear panel - which would make you drill quarter inch holes instead of 1/8th inch holes, roughly speaking.

Sorry for the big pictures, I’m posting from my phone and can’t adjust their size.

View attachment 3275632View attachment 3275635

View attachment 3275638

yours looks real and OEM ....

Last edited:
That is correct. There's alittle piece beside the nut that holds the badge on.
What Jack is referring to is the blacl clip pictured below next to the nut -

Screenshot_20230318_215308_Firefox.jpg

You can buy the clip at SOR - FJ40 Land Cruiser Emblems - https://www.sor.com/cat161.sor#161-05

There is nothing special about having a new bagged emblem as alluded to above, they are freely available from Toyota, dead cheap and the knockoffs are really poor double sided tape jobbies easily distinguishable from OEM.

It's double sided tape a better fastening solution? Two less places for water to find it's way in and create rot?

It's double sided tape a better fastening solution? Two less places for water to find it's way in and create rot?
The Rear Name Plate (75453-60012) - (3/69 - 1/79) should have a rubber trim piece (75463-60010) behind it to go against the paint rear quarter panel.

MB4962F.png

If I lived in Minnesota (rust belt), I'd be tempted to saw off the factory posts of the OEM part and use double-sided tape. (This assumes you have done bodywork on the quarters and don't already have the holes drilled in them.)

i have a real OEM one LIGIT

if you have re-thought this poor choice ?
Cmon @ToyotaMatt - we e done enough business together for you to take a bit more time reading my post than to just immediately claim I have a counterfeit when all the other posters have stated this is Legitimate.

What Jack is referring to is the blacl clip pictured below next to the nut -

View attachment 3275880

You can buy the clip at SOR - FJ40 Land Cruiser Emblems - https://www.sor.com/cat161.sor#161-05

There is nothing special about having a new bagged emblem as alluded to above, they are freely available from Toyota, dead cheap and the knockoffs are really poor double sided tape jobbies easily distinguishable from OEM.
Cool. I have those standoffs, just didn't remember what they were for.

thanks all.

Cmon @ToyotaMatt - we e done enough business together for you to take a bit more time reading my post than to just immediately claim I have a counterfeit when all the other posters have stated this is Legitimate.

ok ok , .......

it's OEM if all the other posters say its OEM , it is ...:)

your thread title had me thinking you already made that conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom