Rear Spacer Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In just installed 5100’s on my 2010 GX460. Now I realise I need to add a spacer on the rear coils. I ordered the corn fed 3/4 rear spacer. Any tips or tricks to installing them on the rear springs? Non air bags with KDSS.

Spring compressor. Floor jack under rear diff. Another floor jack to jack up on opposite side you are working on. Switch to other side. Easy peasy.

Use a bottle jack with about an inch more travel than the factory jack. I was able to get it with the oem jack and 1.5" spacers but the level of manipulation to get them to seat was a pain. Once I realized how many turns I was going to have to do on the shocks I didn't want to take them off again.

If I did it again I would take the driver's side out then passenger's then replace passenger's then drivers.

Then you can jack the driver's side up as well to leverage the kdss system to help
Spread that opening up a little more.

A lot of shops will rent spring compressors, so you don't have to do a purchase for a one time use.

A lot of shops will rent spring compressors, so you don't have to do a purchase for a one time use.
For me, figuring it out with my available tools is something I want to be able to do in case for some sort of trail failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom