REAR LIGHTS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I often take my FZJ80 camping and on occasion will go for a night dive. In the past I've gotten away with plugging work lights into my inverter in the rear and attaching them to the top hatch in the back. I'm now looking for something more permanent to mount either to the rear ceiling facing backwards or to the roof in the rear. I've looked at leds http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...d=45224&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults but don't know if they'll put out enough light and at Hella work lamps http://www.4by4connection.com/mathalworlam.html and wonder if anyone has done this. Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thank you,

Matt

Get in touch with John Goodyear, JJG on the 80's list. He was talking about the same thing, but not sure what he used.

When I have my roofrack on, which I don't right now, I have backup lights attached to it. IPFs and they work great. Manual on/off or can be triggered to go on when R is engaged.

Other than that, douse the chick with flouro paint and stop when you hit her. :flipoff2: :D :D

The Hella work lamps are very nice, super well built, I have a matador on the front, 2 FF work lamps on the back.

I forget who makes em but there is a nice magnetic work lamp with coiled cord, I got one someplace.

don't think LED would cut it unless it had alot of LED's

I have a waterproof, double-switched (on light and in cab) work light (55W single) with a handle on a ball joint that I mount to my racks - it has worked well for me (I used it last week to chop some wood and to illuminate the work area for a tire change on our car).

I pop mine off when not in use so it doesn't walk off....

I bought mine at 'Rovers North' :-[ in VT, but I liked the mount that allowed me to do quick disconnects, ball joint, etc. If you do a search, I think I posted pics

Cheers, Hugh

I have a Hella FF work lamp mounted at the rear edge of my roof. Twin 55w bulbs, rotates horizontally and vertically, and you get to choose the beam pattern.

DougM

Matt,

This post has pics of Doug's set up.

-B-

B,

Thanks. I followed Matt's link and realized it was not what I'm using, so the thread photo will clear it up.

DougM

Matt:

FWIW if you want a light that looks like the Hella one you posted in the link (vs. the one Idaho has), you should have a lookl the the Rover model. I can't vouch for the optics (seem ok for me), but the mount is better IMHO (ie ball mount allows full range of motion - sort of like a RAM Mount)

Cheers, Hugh

i have 2 WARN made ATV lights they work awsome have all the stuff including water proof toggle switches and there put out a wide band of light for the rear. i got some for the sides of the new rack too.

beast 2..
do you have a rear tire carrier?

Kaymar has a pretty good idea..put a light at end of a pole and attach to the rear tire carrier. pic below is crappy..but might spark some ideas.

acc_swc_tl.jpg

t80_kswc.jpg

[quote author=- S.A. - link=board=2;threadid=9748;start=msg85930#msg85930 date=1073444258]
beast 2..
do you have a rear tire carrier?

Kaymar has a pretty good idea..put a light at end of a pole and attach to the rear tire carrier. pic below is crappy..but might spark some ideas.

acc_swc_tl.jpg

t80_kswc.jpg

[/quote]

wow, what's really cool is how they get that tire to appear like it is hovering over the truck like that. Must be able to see pretty far.

:flipoff2: :D :D :D Sorry S.A. could not pass it up. :flipoff2:

How about retractable arms with lights on them that swing out of the rear hatch...you could mount them on the rear left and right up on the headliner area while retracted....then swing them out and up and they would be out on adjustable arms ~12-20" diagonally from the rear hatch opening....

Just an idea...would need lots of testing to make work.

[glow=red,2,300]JUNK..[/glow]That isnt an illusion!

It is actually a factory option!...it is the "Levitating double Rear tire carrier" :D

I think ASIARIDER has it on his "FULLY...FULLY...FULLY..ALL POSSIBLE OPTIONS...CHECK ALL THE OPTION BOXES..BALLS TO THE WALL...LOADED" Rig :D j/k asia :D

Has anyone actually mounted a light on the rear spoiler thing? Would it look too weird? It sounds functional.

+ warning..thread hi-jack +

Junk, where did you get that black diamond plate storage box? I've been looking for one and can only find the polished ones. Ohh and are those MTRs that your running ;)

+ back to your regular scheduled post +

Junk:

That is a really nice rack (not talking about your mom either :D). What type of rack and where did get the diamond plate storage box ?

Thank you,

Matt

Yes, they are MT/Rs. I ran them for about a season which is why I am so opinionated on them. :flipoff2:

That rack was the ARB rack, and in my opinion ARB racks are the best looking. Right now I have a hannibal although currently the truck is nekkid (I only run the rack from Mem Day through 1/1, unless a special trip comes up).

That box was made by Jeepbox and is high quality with gas struts and is lockable etc. Very nice, but if you fill it, then it will get heavy.

As an option and for something less 'permanent', if you have 12v in the back, something like this may be of interest. It's a 'VersaLight - Model M', dual beam (spot and flood), magnetic mount:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom