Rear heater with LS Swap-Pics Needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to figure out how I am going to plumb the heater hoses on my 84 FJ60. I'm installing a Vortec 4.8L and I'd like to keep the rear heater. I understand LS engines need a heater bypass to keep from running warmer than normal so I need to figure out how to incorporate one of those also. So, all of you LS swap guys, how did you do it? What bypass heater valve did you use? Pics would be great!

For the rear heater, I just teed off the heater loop like the stock 60 configuration.

I haven’t had a chance to test this in the summer, but if you leave the rear heater valve on max hot (fan off), it should always flow back to the heater return (tho with a little radiant heat coming from the heater).

I’ve also heard of positive results just putting a small tee between the two lines.

So, both the feed and return are teed into for the rear heater? I like the idea of a small cross over hose. I'm trying to make this as clean as possible aesthetically, so that may be a last resort. I'd still like to see some heater hose pics from you LS swap guys, I can't seem to find much on google.

I am in the process of doing this same job. Did anyone manage to get any pictures of the tees. Also my steel lines to the rear heater have been removed and I'm thinking of just using all heater hose to reconnect. Anyone see any issues with this?
Thanks for any help!

Four Seasons 74882
I used this, it works just like it should. When the toyota heater valve is closed the built up pressure opens this valve and hot coolant is allowed to flow back to the radiator.

@88red Do you know which side is the pressure side and which is the return on the Four Season valve?
1592860226727.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom