REAR HEATER 1997 TOYO LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATION RE: THE REAR HEATER IN MY 1997 TOYO LC. NO HOT AIR COMES OUT AT ALL. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

Does the fan work?
Sean

Hot water does not circulate through the rear heater core unless it is also going thru the front. Do you have the temperature slide over to hot? Also, is the front heater functioning? If the front heater is functioning, I would think that coolant flow to the rear core has been blocked by something.

D-

SO THE FRONT HEATER HAS TO BE RUNNING FOR THE BACK TO WORK. IF SO THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. MOST APPRECIATED - BEN :cheers:

Ben,

You're welcome.

Generally, all caps indicate that you are shouting. I'm older but not deaf.... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the group, D- :cheers:

I don't think the front has to be running for the rear to work...it just is controlled by the heat controls on the dash (front and back temp is dictated by temp adjustment...

I think you could have the blower in front off, have it on say...vent, and have the heat selection to hot and turn on the rear and have it get toasty...

am I misunderstanding this?

Yes and no.

The heater valve needs to be open to get water to the rear core and it also puts water through the front core. The front fan does not need to be on and the front mode setting (heat, vent, def, etc) does not matter. Hot air will still come out of the front if "fresh" is selected as air is forced thru the system by vehicle movement. Dropping the temperature reduces the flow through both cores.

hey C-dan...it's heeeeeere!!! :cheers:

EDIT!

hmmm hey Dan, do those treats fit a 3FE? looks like they do!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom