REAR HEATER 1997 TOYO LC

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATION RE: THE REAR HEATER IN MY 1997 TOYO LC. NO HOT AIR COMES OUT AT ALL. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Hot water does not circulate through the rear heater core unless it is also going thru the front. Do you have the temperature slide over to hot? Also, is the front heater functioning? If the front heater is functioning, I would think that coolant flow to the rear core has been blocked by something.

D-

SO THE FRONT HEATER HAS TO BE RUNNING FOR THE BACK TO WORK. IF SO THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. MOST APPRECIATED - BEN :cheers:

Vlad

The Impaler
SILVER Star
I don't think the front has to be running for the rear to work...it just is controlled by the heat controls on the dash (front and back temp is dictated by temp adjustment...

I think you could have the blower in front off, have it on say...vent, and have the heat selection to hot and turn on the rear and have it get toasty...

am I misunderstanding this?

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Yes and no.

The heater valve needs to be open to get water to the rear core and it also puts water through the front core. The front fan does not need to be on and the front mode setting (heat, vent, def, etc) does not matter. Hot air will still come out of the front if "fresh" is selected as air is forced thru the system by vehicle movement. Dropping the temperature reduces the flow through both cores.

Vlad

The Impaler
SILVER Star
hey C-dan...it's heeeeeere!!! :cheers:

EDIT!

hmmm hey Dan, do those treats fit a 3FE? looks like they do!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom