Rear geometry fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I’ve lifted my 80 more, I noticed that it rear steers more when I leans around long sweepers, the 3 link with no sway bar doesn’t help… I’ll put the way bar in the front eventually. But since I fixed the front kinda I was thinking about fixing the rear kinda too.

I was wondering if anyone move the mounts for the rear links? Like moving the axle side lower control arm mounts up 2” and moving the frame side upper control arm mounts down an inch or two

I shoved the numbers in the calculator and with a 3” lift it takes the roll axis inclination from 8ish degrees of over steer to 4ish degrees of oversteer.

It’s still not great, but im thinking that it will be noticeably more stable because the rear isn’t trying to steer as much around corners. Pairing it with moving the rear panhard up “should” remove the need for a heavier sway bar. People put whiteline bars on a lot, and I don’t really jive with the idea of sinching down a parallel 4 link more. It already has alot of bind designed into the system and it seemed to work a lot better before we all lifted our 80s

IMG_9117.jpeg

IMG_9115.jpeg

Eimkeith panhard correction kit (PCK).

x2 on the eimkieth, it has multiple positions for 2", 3", 4", 5".
"one panhard bracket to rule them all"

What happens with the models if you lengthen lower links, and raise the frame ends so they are tucked in-board of the frame?

Nissan patrol suffer from rear steer because they have comparatively shory rear lower links, long lower link kits are commonly installed on them in Aus.

What happens with the models if you lengthen lower links, and raise the frame ends so they are tucked in-board of the frame?

Nissan patrol suffer from rear steer because they have comparatively shory rear lower links, long lower link kits are commonly installed on them in Aus.
I don’t think it fits with the gas tank. I know that rampt lengthened theirs with their kit, but they don’t say how much.

Last edited:
Eimkeith panhard correction kit (PCK).

Yes the panhard plays apart in the bad geometry of the rear. But that’s been talked about alot already. I’m more curious if anyone has move the rear link mounts around

If you want to reinvent the wheel, go for it!

I think there's opportunity to change lowers, uppers, much less room.
It's been a while since i was under the cruiser looking at it
I think 3 linking the rear is the best solution, but I’m lazy and I’m tired of spending money on my car. I’m hoping to find a proof of concept for this little half step😂

Can you find more info on what Rampt have done?
The dude who bought a kit in the US never did a review after it was installed, I should bug him. It looks like they dropped the uppers at the frame down an inch or two and lengthened the lowers to somewhere between 30-40”. Nothing super crazy, I’m sure it works great but I have a hard time justifying the cost of their kit😅

Yeah, if you have some fab skills, I'm sure you could do similar for less cash.

300mm longer lowers
Standard length uppers, just mounted lower at the frame ends

My biggest concern with bringing the axle side lowers up is that it may leave the shock kinda exposed to loose rocks🤔 I can see why they left it alone and just lengthened the lowers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom