Rear differential carrier needed (1 Viewer)

60wag

SILVER Star
I finally opened up the rear diff on my 80 to track down a vibration and found some damage that a new ring & pinion isn't going to fix. The carrier housing is cracked. Its the thing that the ring gear bolts to. So I'm looking for either just that piece, or a complete third member with the factory locker.

I've got an extra carrier leftover from an ARB install on my old 60. I was considering it as a temporary fix but the size of the carrier bearings is totally different so that won't work. TIA

I sent a pm to each of you, as I'm searching for a rear diff lock actuator assembly (actually, I just need the cast metal rectangular flange that mates to the third member). My rear tires slipped off a ledge a little too quickly and broke one. :doh: So, if either of you winds up with one that you would be interested in selling to me, please let me know.

justdifferentials

Gear & Axle parts for ALL Toyotas new or old...
Supporting Vendor
Is your 80 3rd member a factory locker, or no locker? If so, where is it cracked?

I finally opened up the rear diff on my 80 to track down a vibration and found some damage that a new ring & pinion isn't going to fix. The carrier housing is cracked. Its the thing that the ring gear bolts to. So I'm looking for either just that piece, or a complete third member with the factory locker.

I've got an extra carrier leftover from an ARB install on my old 60. I was considering it as a temporary fix but the size of the carrier bearings is totally different so that won't work. TIA

60wag

SILVER Star
Yes, its a factory locked diff. The thing I'm calling the carrier apparently is also known as the case. There is a flange surrounding the case that has the bolt holes for the ring gear. Mine is cracked about 1/3 of the way around where the flange meets the body of the case. I spoke with CruiserDan and was pleased to find out that the case is available by itself. So I have a case on order to go with the bearings and gears that I had already lined up. Hopefully there isn't any other hidden damage in the housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom