Rear Defrost Switch to Fog Light Switch Transformation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look like they might work...IF...IF the black housing will fit the hole. Cheap enough price to find out.

John

So those do not fit. The housing is smaller. However, I unthreaded the LED and it fits right into our housings. I tested it in the stock defrost switch and it lights up very well. I'll test it with the new switch graphics when it gets darker this evening.

IMG_7008.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpeg

Ok, so are you saying that the new bulbs can be separated from the black housing (which does not fit into the 60 OEM hole) and then inserted into the OEM Grey housing and then they work like the OEM bulbs ?

John

Thats correct. I removed the LED from the black housing and installed it in the grey OEM housing and it works. But to be honest, these lights are cheaply made and I wouldn't recommend purchasing them. The soldered leads fell off of four lights as I was transferring them into the grey housings and some of the LEDs are mounted crooked which casts a different brightness in the switch (the driver's heated seat switch in the attached photo for example). I ordered a few more in different sizes in the what's supposed to be the correct fitment for this switch (t4.7 or t5 bulbs) from different vendors.

All of the lights in the picture below are powered from the 1 AA battery in my continuity tester. Pretty cool.

IMG_4217.JPG

Just as an FYI in your search for a correct bulb...here is the one I used:
A) EIKO 8111.

I got this info from reading another thread and while it's not an exact fit ( a bit smaller than the OEM one), it does work and seems to be well made. Got a 10 pack for about $6 + shipping.

However, if you do come up with a perfect fit please let us know.

Thanks, John

Here's what I ended up with. Nothing was a direct fit so I used the LEDs from the links below and relaced them into the factory bulb housings. I used the three LED unit for the orange "on" indicator. Its bright enough to see the switch is on in daylight. I used the single LED unit for the switch face. The LEDs from the links are much higher quality than the earlier post and from a reputable Ebay seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111452712853?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191331542962?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

IMG_4277.JPG

Good work, thanks for the update.

John

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but according to my research I have found that this factory FJ60 rear defrost button/switch will fit into the left-most dash blank on the FJ62, to the left of the steering column, correct? And it will not fit the FJ62 dash blanks below the radio/climate control.

Ok, thanks. Found an Fj60 fog light switch, now I need a sticker! sent you a pm...

Confirmed, the FJ60 rear defrost switch fits in the FJ62 blank to left of steering column, left of dimmer without any modification....

IMG_4651.JPG

Its not that difficult. It does take two panels and a lot of patience. I got quotes to have it 3d scanned into an IGES file which would allow it to be printed or machined. The price for scanning and converting to a toolable format was about 300$. Wasn't really worth it for me at the time. I've since added an Ipod dock in the cubby hole and filled the AC void to add aftermarket controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom