Rear Body Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had some weird clunking in the rear of my cruiser the past two days, i got under it at lunch today and noticed the two bolts that go through the body mounts directly under the cargo are are gone, the bushings between the frame and body are still there but the bolts are gone, how the f@!%* could that happen, did someone get under my truck with a grinder and cut them off??????? ??? Anyone heard of this happening before, now my 80 sounds like my 40 going down the road, oh yeah 92 80 series, no body lift or anything that should cause this to happen, Brad.

There aren't any on my '93 fzj80 either. Just the bushings. I noticed that a few years ago and thought it was strange.

Yeah there used to be these bolts coming through that tapered, they were almost shaped like zerks, Brad.

SOR shows no bolts in that location, just bushings.

IIRC, that is part of the 115k service 8)

>> I doubt this would be an issue if you had your frame re-torqued regularly <<

ROTFLMAO.

-B-

-still newbie- question:
does one need a bigger wrench to retorque the frame?
:eek:
Eric

>> does one need a bigger wrench to retorque the frame? <<

Nope. Use the same one you use to torque the muffler bearings.

-B-

Some people aren't born with infinite amounts of cruiser knowledge like the majority of you guys are, :D thanks for pointing out that tightening them down should be regular maintenance, Brad.

A year ago or so I torqued my frame a little too much, rotating the body ever so slightly clockwise. Rather than using the standard Helmsley method of reverse-frame torqing, I intalled an on-board yaw control to adjust for my starboard attitude.

Now, with +/- 15 degrees of horizontal adjustability, offroading in steady crosswinds has never been easier.

[quote author=Bradass80 link=board=2;threadid=9803;start=msg86365#msg86365 date=1073515461]
Yeah there used to be these bolts coming through that tapered, they were almost shaped like zerks, Brad.
[/quote]

Are you talking about at the end of the rig or above the 2nd to late frame cross-member (near the gas tank)?

The ones at the very back or the truck, after some investigating they were under the carpet and the nuts are just gone, Thanks for all of the replies, Brad.

That explains it. It sucks to lose your nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom