Rear axle/suspension bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a 1992 FJ80 woth the 3fe and it has the 2.5” OME lift kit on 35’s I just redid the entire front axle all bushings, caster correction, toe rods, etc.. I am getting a nice clunk when the trans shifts it was getting pretty bad now after the front rebuild its barely there and only does it sometimes… So now Im moving to the rear and trying to gather parts And want to make sure i get the correct ones i need Is there a kit that someone sells to do the rear axle all IE track bar (a-arm or whatever else it may be called) Will oem bushings work or do i need different one that will work with my lift…

Thanks in advance new to the cruiser life so trying to learn this setup it has Its a little different then my other toy 2nd gen tacoma Gen Tacoma

I use Partsouq.com
You have to put your own list together but you well save a ton of cash and they ship fast.
Super easy web site just inter your vin#

I use Partsouq.com
You have to put your own list together but you well save a ton of cash and they ship fast.
Super easy web site just inter your vin#
Appreciate it. Going to check it out now.

thanks But only looking for the rear upper and lower control arm bushings. the front has already been done.. and wow why are these bushing so expensive.

Part numbers for what you are after are shown with their associated locations on that link. Joey may sell them separately or you can source from preferred vendor. They are expensive but they have lasted your truck the first 30 years so worth it I’d say.

Can go with cheapo febest brand and be back in there shortly if you wish. Your call.

Part numbers for what you are after are shown with their associated locations on that link. Joey may sell them separately or you can source from preferred vendor. They are expensive but they have lasted your truck the first 30 years so worth it I’d say.

Can go with cheapo febest brand and be back in there shortly if you wish. Your call.
Gotcha didnt even cross my mind to look at pn lol just thought you were recommending all of it… I apologize. Definately going with oem just seems like alot for some bushings…. But hey if they last then its worth it… Appreciate your help

FWIW, That hardware is heavy duty and I don't think it well stretch or break. JMHO, I reused mine and have had it apart a few times.

Jonheld is right though about Toyota specifying single use. It's more critical in the front where the washers have biters that help them lock on.

In my experience it's super easy to find the parts and part numbers on Partsouq, Last time I ordered I had my parts on the front porch in less then a week.

Got the. Pn now trying to find best price for rear upper/lower bushings….

@Akella usually has the complete set for a great price.

No site. PM him.

Got the. Pn now trying to find best price for rear upper/lower bushings….
When you find the best price please let us know.

I pretty sure I already know 🤷‍♂️ but that's OK

can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two numbers besides the price difference
Rear upper control arm bushing Pn# 102-124M and PN# 102-124M-U or what the U stands for?

can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two numbers besides the price difference
Rear upper control arm bushing Pn# 102-124M and PN# 102-124M-U or what the U stands for?
Based on the much lower cost, I'm guessing it is made of Urethane.

You don't want urethane, as it transfers more vibration to the body and they break down sooner.

The other ones are most likely rubber.

Based on the much lower cost, I'm guessing it is made of Urethane.

You don't want urethane, as it transfers more vibration to the body and they break down sooner.

The other ones are most likely rubber.
Figured it was along those lines but wanted to make sure appreciate it

Those must be after market bushings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom