Rear Axle service question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as luck would have it, I installed my OME lift over the weekend. Goes pretty good but as with everything Land Cruiser, it leads to another issue! Passenger side rear axle is leaking diff fluid and had flung spin art all over the inside of the wheel. I'm ordering the rear axle kit from cruiser outfitters this morning, however I only have the standard hub socket for the front. I know that there is a CAD layout for modifying the hub on here somewhere, however I can't find it anywhere after searching. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me any ideas for the socket. Just didn't want to spend $40 on the rear one if I can modify the front.

I use number 3 bit for the Phillips heads, then needle nose pilers or two long screw drivers to spin off the nut and put back on. I put back on by feel it's not super tight you'll see when you take it off it doesn't require much

Didn't @NLXTACY /Joey offered tools that can be used fro both front and rear? Check out his Witsend site.

Didn't find the CAD file but this thread has the pic...

first timer doing the rear bearings...thoughts?

hub wrench.jpg

Yeah, that is what I am after and I wish I would have saw that one prior to ordering the one for just the front. I was trying to find the CAD drawings somebody posted on here to modify my existing front hub socket so I don't have to buy one

That was also me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom