Rear Axle Bearing Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
If you are not familiar with Timmy the Toolman's YouTube Channel, get over there. I just used the tool he promoted in this video:

Good gawd the job could not have been easier. If I had one issue it was getting the new bearing pressed in. Mine did not go in as easy as he shows in the video. The tool is available from a seller on Ebay. As Timmy says, his tool is superior to everything else out there. Unfortunately, folks have started copying his tool. This tool is made in America, with American ingenuity. Tool set I bought was Rear Axle Bearing & Tone Ring Puller; Bearing Install Tools Toyota 4Runner 84-02 | eBay

With adapters you can probably do any Toyota semi-float axle out there.

The cost of the tool was way less than paying a shop to do the work. Even with the purchase of the Harbor Freight 20T press, it's probably less. Especially of you drop off the truck, instead of the axles.

I will toss up a pic for grins.

20201101_105842-sm.jpg

I have this SST sitting in my garage, it will also remove rear axle bearings, I've used it several times. I made this many years ago, but I can't even remember the last time I used it. I will be tossing it into the scrap metal bin soon, I'd love to give it to someone, but the shipping will be pretty $$.

IMG_20190427_173108.jpg

If you are not familiar with Timmy the Toolman's YouTube Channel, get over there. I just used the tool he promoted in this video:

Good gawd the job could not have been easier. If I had one issue it was getting the new bearing pressed in. Mine did not go in as easy as he shows in the video. The tool is available from a seller on Ebay. As Timmy says, his tool is superior to everything else out there. Unfortunately, folks have started copying his tool. This tool is made in America, with American ingenuity. Tool set I bought was Rear Axle Bearing & Tone Ring Puller; Bearing Install Tools Toyota 4Runner 84-02 | eBay

With adapters you can probably do any Toyota semi-float axle out there.

The cost of the tool was way less than paying a shop to do the work. Even with the purchase of the Harbor Freight 20T press, it's probably less. Especially of you drop off the truck, instead of the axles.

I will toss up a pic for grins.

View attachment 2483617

I can see it being rented from you in our landcruiser club, thank you for purchasing it!!

I can see it being rented from you in our landcruiser club, thank you for purchasing it!!
Ya, I already had the same thought. It works on just about any semi-float rear end, but adapters might be needed.

I have this SST sitting in my garage, it will also remove rear axle bearings, I've used it several times. I made this many years ago, but I can't even remember the last time I used it. I will be tossing it into the scrap metal bin soon, I'd love to give it to someone, but the shipping will be pretty $$.

View attachment 2483844

Too bad I’m not closer. I sure could use this. 🤪

Can someone the confirm the part numbers that I need to order for my 99 LC? I can't find a thread with PN's for the year.

Axle Shaft Oil Seal
Product ID: 90310-58002

Oil Seal
Product ID: 90313-62001

Wheel Bearing
Product ID: 90369-48001

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom