Real Time Help - Bent Pushrod - is this bad? (1 Viewer)

Edit: I'm not sure this is bent as bad as I thought - it only looks that way when the rod is fully extended.

Hi All,

I'm adjusting my valves this morning and I noticed the #9 exhaust valve Pushrod (at least that's what I think it's called) is bent at the top (where it joins the rockler arm). This is no the best picture, but, I think you can see the bend...

image.jpg

Forgive the nooby question - is this something that should be addressed immediately? Does it have a propensity to cause other damage?

Or, do I drive it, with the understanding that it needs to be corrected sooner, rather than later?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure I see anything bent. The rocker arm seems to have the hole cast off center by the looking at how the nut is centered. The angle I see is where the rocker arm adjustment piece meets the pushrod.

Thanks! The more I look and rotate the crank, the more I think it's merely a nooby imagination!

Edit: In fact, I'm running it now, with the VC off, and it looks fine to me - I just panicked!

Thanks!

I don't see any "bend" in the rod. There is a little off-center(or off-level) in the rocker arm--don't know if that is a big prob or not(it might be due to a push rod that was installed long ago that is not the same length as the others-causing the off-center look). I don't know what the long term effects of this might be if it is longer.-maybe the valve is opening further than originally designed?(which seems to me would cause a timing issue internally-like maybe the valve is still open on the combustion stroke)?--Seems like you would see this as a miss or something in the engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom