Real Time Help - Bent Pushrod - is this bad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Edit: I'm not sure this is bent as bad as I thought - it only looks that way when the rod is fully extended.

Hi All,

I'm adjusting my valves this morning and I noticed the #9 exhaust valve Pushrod (at least that's what I think it's called) is bent at the top (where it joins the rockler arm). This is no the best picture, but, I think you can see the bend...

image.jpg

Forgive the nooby question - is this something that should be addressed immediately? Does it have a propensity to cause other damage?

Or, do I drive it, with the understanding that it needs to be corrected sooner, rather than later?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure I see anything bent. The rocker arm seems to have the hole cast off center by the looking at how the nut is centered. The angle I see is where the rocker arm adjustment piece meets the pushrod.

Thanks! The more I look and rotate the crank, the more I think it's merely a nooby imagination!

Edit: In fact, I'm running it now, with the VC off, and it looks fine to me - I just panicked!

Thanks!

I don't see any "bend" in the rod. There is a little off-center(or off-level) in the rocker arm--don't know if that is a big prob or not(it might be due to a push rod that was installed long ago that is not the same length as the others-causing the off-center look). I don't know what the long term effects of this might be if it is longer.-maybe the valve is opening further than originally designed?(which seems to me would cause a timing issue internally-like maybe the valve is still open on the combustion stroke)?--Seems like you would see this as a miss or something in the engine.

Last edited:
looks ok to me the rocker arms are specific to each valve and maybey one was switched over the years some have minor differences ,but if its not broke then dont worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom