Re-Paint '98 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would love to see a 100 in the old desert beige, someone on here did his FJ in the color and it looked incredible. I agree with you on the older bronze color too.

Is Old Desert Beige kinda like this?
LC100desertpatrol4.jpg

That looks close! maybe it is the spraypaint version?? Here is the FJ that was posted. A couple trim pieces are not back on. the title of the thread is "old school"
1247921-IMGP0707.jpg

I would love to see a 100 in the old desert beige, someone on here did his FJ in the color and it looked incredible. I agree with you on the older bronze color too.

do you mean desert sand like on the mid 90's 4Runner? Thats the color we had, i liked it.

I think a 100 would look great in a classic LC paint scheme like this ....

40 in 857 Medium/Nordic/Feel Like Blue from a post by treerootCO

attachment.php

40 series paint colors and codes

The funny thing is, when I see all the great pictures of people wheeling here, I know that there must be a whole lot of painting going on peoples 1/4 panels.

I think we all just like to pick up our own dings and dents so we know where they came from. So I am just going to enjoy it and worry as much off road or at the mall.

Its very hard to see scratches in a photo, the light has to be just right. But I agree its nice to know where the dent / scratch came from.

I say take it to Earl Scheib, have them spray it white and put a big UN on the side:idea:

a white top 100, interesting idea. Go for it whoever it is that originally wanted to paint their truck, im too lazy to scroll up.
UN100.jpg

I'd take it just for the winch hidden behind the OEM bumper.

One plus for White. White paint is substantially harder then other paint colors and therefore less suseptible to trail pinstripes.

To go back to original question; there are SO MANY white 98s and 99s out there so apart from a lousy paint job, you'd end up with a car like "everyone else".

I was looking for a grey or copper metallic, but mine (WHITE), just sort of popped up and at that price amd condition, it was hard to argue about the color. Looking back, even though I don't like white, my last three cars have all beeen white...

O Ya? Here in Minnesota, in two days of nonstop driving, I and my 3 fellow passengers saw a total of 5 100s.

True for the MidWest (aka Big Three Country, used to travel/sell there) but if you get out here on the West Coast (Seattle area) there are 100s and 470s all over the place.

Most have never left the pavement of course...

I bet you could spend alot less than $5k or maybe even break even, by selling your LC and buying the color you want. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), your not stupid, it's just a saying :)

I bet you could spend alot less than $5k or maybe even break even, by selling your LC and buying the color you want. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), your not stupid, it's just a saying :)

Yeah, I keep thinking about that. Mechanically the LC is great and the interior is near flawless except for the normal wear on the leather. Everything works except for the D light, and I think it is great that it is out anyway.

It is always a pain to go from the known (I like my mechanicals and don't like my paint color and workmanship) to the unknown ( a new used cruiser).

More to think about. Thanks.

Last edited:
and the gov't will steal its share too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom