Re badge Lexus GX460 to Toyota (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In central Iowa I get tailgated a lot for whatever reason. Since changing badges, it has stopped.

I get unnerved by people doing aggressive s*** like that, and I am usually hauling ass myself and I don't follow people to close as I like my windshield. It got to the point that I would just dip a tire onto the shoulder with my summer tires on but the all seasons I run for snow don't have that same desired effect of unnerving non-consentual proctology.
With my rear bumper and huge swing-out and all hiding the GX badging, nobody behind me knows what I am. If anything they'll probably guess I'm a 4R, at least until they see my grill... ;)

With my rear bumper and huge swing-out and all hiding the GX badging, nobody behind me knows what I am. If anything they'll probably guess I'm a 4R, at least until they see my grill... ;)
There is that, lol.

I switched vehicles with my partner while I was waiting for the stuff I ordered for their car and they even remarked about it. So I know it's not just me.

Reactions: r2m
20230327_135228.jpg

20230327_135215.jpg

20230327_135207.jpg

I am totally OK with it. At some point I would like to make a custom grill

Nice.... I just did mine the other day too. Cops aren't going to have any idea what I am driving.

Trim a thin piece of abs plastic and put it behind the logo?
It's my little tribute to Roadkill... 😂

Long term I am not quite sure what I am going to do, but I have put a lot of time already in how I would do a custom perforated panel or metal screen style grill if I ever end up getting an ARB bumper. I was going to wait until I owed quite a bit less before doing anything too permanent.

Sweet!! Let us know what you find with lots of pics if you get it!
I think my interest has shifted so I will probably not be doing this now.

For anyone wearing the F Sport grille, I've found a workable but imperfect option.
sidet.jpg

P/N is 75311-0K010 and I believe comes from the Fortuner/Hilux line. Had to shave the clips from the back but otherwise fit seems good with moulding/trim tape.

I really like the license surround option that @nw_fj62 used. I think that looks the cleanest in back.
For now, I've gone with @sedonut 's method and P/N for rear emblem while copying one of the J120 Prado marking themes. Looks convincing enough for me.
sidelcp.jpg

Welcome to the club!

followed the link but not sure on Part numbers, where did you buy them?

Almost forgot my subdued fake Toyota center caps. Pic really doesn't show well but is a pretty close match to grille and plastics (step, rear door, etc).
IMG_20230716_165457935_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230716_165513853_HDR.jpg

I tried to match chrome emblems but they were either sized wrong or looked cheap. A little sanding/filling/sanding and wheel paint topped with some silver eBay Toyota decals completes this part of the project for now.

Last edited:
Ordered from eBay but they are here with a better description as well: Badge
I just found the cheapest online dealership for those part numbers.

My Toyota grill badge fell off a few weeks ago, at some unknown point on the Kokopelli Trail 😥
Temps were nearing 100 which may have contributed.

So I put the Lexus badge back on. 😐
I don't hate it but I rather miss confusing people who had some idea of what they were looking at, with the Toyota badge.

IMG_4967.jpg

My Toyota grill badge fell off a few weeks ago, at some unknown point on the Kokopelli Trail 😥
Temps were nearing 100 which may have contributed.

So I put the Lexus badge back on. 😐
I don't hate it but I rather miss confusing people who had some idea of what they were looking at, with the Toyota badge.

View attachment 3385927
Bummer. If you recall the part number or dimensions I can see if I have one sitting around unused. If I have a match it's yours. I bought a bunch of random sizes trying to fit one to my grille.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom