Re badge Lexus GX460 to Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ones I see online have a version that has a longer top panel like you have there. Pic of the bottom? Does it look like it fits the width of the licence pocket or will that need to be replaced as well?

Like this. It looks like the license plate panel itself is also different.

1678543745884.jpeg

hm yeah it might not fit, i wonder what the number is for the shorter one

still going to try it though

hm yeah it might not fit, i wonder what the number is for the shorter one

still going to try it though
The pre-facelift LC Prado has a shorter one but it is also different. Here's a 2010.

Side note, I like that rear bumper.

1678547276875.jpeg

the shape of the one i have looks like it may fit around the pocket it’s just hard to tell without removing. that trim has like the upside down mustache. i know there’s another one that goes straight across that is like the same length as the GX version just can’t find the number for it

just finished with the last coats of plastidip today so possibly tomorrow or monday i may get some time to try installing

sorry to say it did not work, there’s just not the right holes for the clips needed to hold it in place

gotta hunt for that shorter piece especially since i broke off so many clips trying to get the original off

the toyota emblem fit nicely though

image.jpg

sorry to say it did not work, there’s just not the right holes for the clips needed to hold it in place

gotta hunt for that shorter piece especially since i broke off so many clips trying to get the original off

the toyota emblem fit nicely though

View attachment 3269396
Question. Does that whole piece attach with clips or are there any bolts?

5B3C8FD1-3598-4097-836B-CFD80435CAAB.jpeg

there’s 3 bolts and then it’s all just clips and the license plate holding it
Can you circle where the bolts are when you have a chance? I need to take mine off soon.

Can you circle where the bolts are when you have a chance? I need to take mine off soon.
it’s the one right in the middle of the two holes you see in the middle and then it’s the two that hold the handle for the tailgate on the right hand hand side when you’re looking at it from inside

all 10mm nuts you will see them staring you in the face

Darn, that's too bad
Looks like the sheet metal is really specific to the shape of the licence plate holder, wonder if the later models are as specific and not just a wider plastic.
Lot of $ to find out.
The early garnish without the trim is here but I cant find just the chrome to go with it

I bought the recommended Camry Toyota emblem and removed the black backing and slapped it on

IMG_20230318_154428~2.jpg

Last edited:
I also removed the 2 screws for the front one and lost them. Oops. That emblem is on the way.

20230318_164423~2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: r2m
With the Toyota emblem I am definitely no longer getting the Lexus Hate anymore.

What "hate"?
In central Iowa I get tailgated a lot for whatever reason. Since changing badges, it has stopped.

I get unnerved by people doing aggressive s*** like that, and I am usually hauling ass myself and I don't follow people to close as I like my windshield. It got to the point that I would just dip a tire onto the shoulder with my summer tires on but the all seasons I run for snow don't have that same desired effect of unnerving non-consentual proctology.

Last edited:
In central Iowa I get tailgated a lot for whatever reason. Since changing badges, it has stopped.

I get unnerved by people doing aggressive s*** like that, and I am usually hauling ass myself and I don't follow people to close as I like my windshield. It got to the point that I would just dip a tire onto the shoulder with my summer tires on but the all seasons I run for snow don't have that same desired effect of unnerving non-consentual proctology.
That isn't because you drive a Lexus. People everywhere drive like ass regardless of what you drive. I think it's a placebo effect. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom