RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do you use to cut your replacement sheet metal pieces on the bench (pieces that aren’t straight so a shear is a no-go)? Because of access issues when cutting the bad spots out on the rigs’ components I use a Dremel with cutoff blade, sometimes my dewalt grinder with same, and occasionally a jigsaw (rarely there’s room). Cuts are ok, but not precise (square, straight, etc.). So the bench cut replacement piece is cut with same tools, but that’s somewhat a PIA (slow, imprecise to match the imprecise original cut, lol). Was wondering about a nibler? (If not obvious I’m not a sheet metal worker, just a hacker 🤪).

What do you use to cut your replacement sheet metal pieces on the bench (pieces that aren’t straight so a shear is a no-go)? Because of access issues when cutting the bad spots out on the rigs’ components I use a Dremel with cutoff blade, sometimes my dewalt grinder with same, and occasionally a jigsaw (rarely there’s room). Cuts are ok, but not precise (square, straight, etc.). So the bench cut replacement piece is cut with same tools, but that’s somewhat a PIA (slow, imprecise to match the imprecise original cut, lol). Was wondering about a nibler? (If not obvious I’m not a sheet metal worker, just a hacker 🤪).
Very thin Angle Grinder Blades

What, 55 years ago? 😛

Last edited:
RE: the bezel
Some bezels were different depending on the body. Spring greens got a tannish one.
Or maybe it is here:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom