For Sale Rare Red 1989 bj74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Located near Seattle, WA. Washington state title, registration, and customs papers in hand.

140k kms and has been garaged by PO and myself. Lots of custom modifications. Automatic. I have been told that the overdrive on the 5 speeds is not as efficient as the autos. I like the autos myself. Plenty of power and very quick off the line. Running 15# of boost. I am very much starting to prefer the 13bt over the 3b. It has a bit more torque you definitely can notice when driving.

It was previously owned by a mud member who took lots of care to build this cruiser and was the type of person who changed the fluids way more often than needed to be done and was meticulous with his work. It's very, very solid and is not a direct Japanese import and has lots of maintenance history.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New rear brakes, front at 60%
Rotors machined, e-brake adjusted
Raised diff breathers
All new tie rod ends
Old Man Emu Dakar leaf spring lift kit
New front and rear spring pins
New U-bolts and nuts (8)
Rancho RS5116's shock absorber and steering stabilizer
BFG All Terrain T/A KO 31.7x10.7

ARB bumper 70 series front deluxe winch bar, recovery Hooks, Fair-lead.
HELLA H4 spot lights with upgraded 90/100 Watt bulbs, integrated with original OEM in cab toggle switch, ARB winch bar running and turn signal lights, Headlamps are dot approved right facing with upgraded 80/90 watt bulbs.
WARN 8274 winch completely rebuilt with all WARN parts, Winch-It wireless remote, Albright solenoid, In-cab controls with kill switch. 2.5hp 24V motor

ISSPRO boost, pyrometer, and transmission temperature gauges. 24V bulbs with green diffusers. Gauge face was custom made by Crushers.
24v/12v power converter under driver's seat. Sony stereo, Sony 6x9 speakers and Sony 4x4 speakers in dash
Light duty trailer hitch and trailer wiring harness
Cigarette lighter converted to 12v

Aux transmission cooler

Bikini Top custom made by Crushers
Factory stainless roof rails

New water pump and thermostat
Radiator and cooling system flushed
Transmission and transfer case fluid flushed
Filters and fluids changed way more than necessary
Fan clutch rebuilt
New injectors in 2010
Intake manifold gasket replaced
Valve cover gasket replaced
Valves readjusted to spec in 2011
Lubro Moly fuel system flush in 2010
Fuel tank dropped and cleaned with no rust found
Lower radiator hose heater
Wilson switch for glow screen
Additive always ran in fuel
Upgraded primer pump on injection pump
Straight through 2.5 inch exhaust
K&N air filter as well as the factory box and filter (currently running factory filter)

Asking $19,000 USD

WP_000433 (2).jpg

TRUCK.jpg

Gauges.jpg

Winch rebuild.jpg

DSC02066 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I've had mine for less than a week and about ~500 miles and I'm really enjoying it. Never driven RHD before a few days ago.

It wouldn't be my first choice if I were a cabbie in NYC, but for a fun wheeling and weekend driving toy it is great.

To each their own but after driving RHD vehicles for 20+ years and teaching my children to do the same, I just don't see steering wheel placement as a big issue. I certainly wouldn't allow it to prevent the purchase of a good Cruiser.

Just joined, I've been looking for one of these as a daily. It looks real nice. Wish I could afford this one, I'd be PM'ing you right now.
I'm local too (Got stationed at JBLM)
GLWS man!

Just joined, I've been looking for one of these as a daily. It looks real nice. Wish I could afford this one, I'd be PM'ing you right now.
I'm local too (Got stationed at JBLM)
GLWS man!

Welcome and thanks! I'm getting ready to drive the cruiser around more when the weather gets nicer.

Posting on Craigslist tonight.

I wish I could give myself elecroshock therapy, and put to rest my intrinsic disdain for RHD trucks.

I was at a car show with one of my RHD vehicles once and a guy said to his friend

"I couldn't drive a RHD vehicle"

and his friend said

"If a mail delivery person can drive a RHD vehicle and you can't then you aren't saying much about yourself"

I just about lost it! It was so perfect for an off the cuff comment.

No offence to the mail delivery people here.

Great rig! I'm in Seattle and have one very similar. Do you have a local shop that you trust to work on yours? Thanks for any guidance. Paul

Great rig! I'm in Seattle and have one very similar. Do you have a local shop that you trust to work on yours? Thanks for any guidance. Paul

Torfab is my preferred shop. They are located in Mukilteo. Tor is a great guy and really knows his cruisers. He has a bj74 he swapped a 12ht into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom