SOLD Monument CO: 1989 JDM BJ71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
I have a 1989 JDM bj71 Toyota Land Cruiser that I would like to put up for sale/trade. I love this truck but I got really sick a couple of months ago and need something that is more comfortable now as my body is sore most of the time and it is not as fun for me to drive this shorty these days. Please let me know if you have any questions or trade offers I love everything cruiser and toyota/Lexus related. Asking $20k OBO

This is a great running, clean cruiser that fires right up. Here are some info on it:
Clean Colorado title in my name
13BT 3.4 liter 4 cylinder turbo diesel
5 speed manual trans
2 speed transfer case with manual locking Aisin hubs on the front axle
limited slip diff in the rear
Right hand drive
236,xxx miles
24volt truck new diehard gold batteries
newer starter
Heavy duty chassis on leaf spring suspension
New ironman leafsprings, shocks and bushings installed last year
All fluids and filters replaced in the last 8k miles
Oil just changed
Just passed emissions in April
Clean interior with full carpet and new oem rubber floor cover for the first row but the seats don't all have the same pattern and rear bench was modified for fold up jump seats before it left Japan.
Truck was repainted prior to me getting it about 18 months ago
No rust or undercoating hiding anything under the truck, but does have small patch of rust starting to form in front of the rear wheels. Hasn't gotten any worse since I bought it and it mostly stays in my garage
New Polk front speakers and cheap walmart headunit
Dash lights replaced with LEDs
New headlight assemblies
Rare fender mounted mirrors which are pretty neat and make the truck super easy to squeeze down tight trails
All windows and doors/locks work as they should
Only known issues are the oil pressure gauge is dead(I installed a aftermarket gauge to make sure pressure is good).
Heat and ac and rear heater all work great
I replaced a ton of other smaller bits and pieces and bushings to make the truck solid
I have a new in box Aisin water pump that will be included
Added armrests with cupholders and I center console cup holder
I has 15in alloy wheels and pretty new 31inch General Grabber at's and I also have a set of black steel 16s with pretty new 33in Milestar Patagonias that could be included for the right deal.
I has a lever for a pto winch but the rest of the bits and pieces of the pto were removed prior to being imported.
I have the original running boards as well as the original leafs and shocks that will be included as well if wanted.
More pics to come
20230609_161744.jpg

Last edited:
Interested, I’m guessing no trades yeah? Any rust beginning to show? Maybe some undercarriage pics if you’ve got them?

Definitely interested in trades. The undercarriage looks great, there is 2 small spots in front of the rear wheels that are getting crusty. I will try and get some pics later today.

Sounds like you need a 100 Series, I am sure if you put the word out there you could get a turn key 100 for trade pretty quickly. Still very capable and super comfortable.
If you are trying to do a complete 180 I got one of the most comfortable vehicles ever made, but you wont be off-roading in it. In February I became the 2nd owner of a 2004 LS430 from the former CEO of First Group LLC (multi-national transport group) after his passing. I purchased it with 79K miles and the 80K Lexus service was already completed. It is now at 83k miles and the only thing I have done is the timing belt and water pump and can't think of a single thing not functioning properly on the vehicle. To be honest I love the vehicle, it just isn't me. Let me know if interested.

Sweet! I actually have a 80 and 100 series already. The 80 I will keep forever and the 100 has grown on me a lot more in the last few months for the comfort and smooth ride factor. One thought was to sell the 70 and 100 and get a 200 but I have heard the ls430 is one great car though....hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom