random thought of the day... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do but it might not make sense with everything on it. I can try to explain it though:

We have electronic locks with a relay inside them. This relay has a common and then an open or closed position. When the lock is engaged the common (white wire) is tied to the closed position (green wire) creating a closed loop and when the lock is not engaged the common (white wire) is tied to the open position (brown wire not in use). They tied in the black wires from that "thing" into our common (white) and closed position (green) wires and added "something else: light bulb, some type of switch" to notify them when the locks were engaged and the door closed.

I have to go back and test our locks but wanted to figure out what that "thing" is before I went so I won't be guessing as to what it does.

OK here's the diagram I drew up. ? White Wire is what they are using to "see" our locks are engaged. ? Black Cylinder is what I am trying to figure out. Our locks are not using the blue and orange wires, red and black are power and ground are are ok and not tied into the circuit I am trying to figure out. Our white and green lock wires are in the circuit.

Wire Diagram.jpg

If black is ground I would assume that is potentially a resisted ground for their sensors/tracker.
A resistor or diode is used to watch a state of change but not effect the working circuit.

BTW in your drawring, the one wire starts black and end red? :flipoff2:

I believe they are putting power on the black wires from their blue wires. Where you see the black go in and come out red is for whatever they are using as a signal, like a LED light or something that is grounded elsewhere. Power only reaches it when our locks are engaged completing the circuit.

That's basically what I'm saying. You send small voltage to piggyback. When your circuit is open their computer shows voltage when the circuit is closed, it also grounds their sample now showing their computer 0v or whatever the state of change is.

OK go it. That's why I was guessing that black thing maybe lowered the voltage for whatever "sensor" they are using.

Saw that. Very cool of Toyota to step up. No better advertising than that!

I have no idea but I bet I could make it blow up.....whatever those wires go to... Not the truck..

Last edited:
My previous loaner, thanks to my little brother, was just a but much or not enough for me.
Manual trans and no power steering with 18" rims and a 13" steering wheel makes driving require more attention and effort than i budget to driving. Lol.

Cruise control and working heater are on my "must have" list these days.. .

And super cheap 3rd row seating :flipoff2:

If you don't believe in God then it's kind of weird thanking Bacon for bacon and then eating it. If you do believe in God but aren't Jewish you can eat bacon and thank God for bacon. If you are a practicing Jew and don't eat bacon I will thank you as that will leave more for me.

"
Pray for our Gluttoness
Now and at the hour of our premature Death.
Amen! Praise the Lard.
"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom