Rancho shock part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Time to get shocks for the 9/73 FJ40. My front shock mounts have 23" from pin to pin, the rear are non-standard for a 9/73 model (swapped late model Fj40 rear axle in with lower shock pin mount on the u-bolt retainer plate instead of axle tube) with about 25 1/2" from pin to pin.

What RS9000 and RS5000 shocks will work (part #). Anyone have a URL to an online vendor with good prices. I don't know how much I will adjust my shocks, so any thoughts on going with the 5000's versus the 9000's? Everyone seems to go for the 9000s...

I saw the write-up on POR on the Bilstein 5150 Cross Flow Piggyback Resevoir shocks. Looked kinda cool but may be overkill for me, not to mention pricey. Anyone here using them? What do you think of them and where did you get yours?

TIA.

Thanks, I've actually seen the fitment chart before. None of the FJ40 shocks they have listed seem to be for more than 2-3" of lift and I have 4"+.

Which Rancho's models work with 4" + of lift?

You asked for demensional information, which is contained out there. If you know what you need, you should not have any problem finding it...

Good luck!

-Steve

http://www.ih8mud.com
tech links
left column, shock spreadsheet

LOTS of manufacturers in there....LOTS. Should find what ya need in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom