Factory Air Condition Relay Part Number ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel like i'm chasing my tail trying to find the part number for my 1984 Factory Air Conditioner relay. I'm restoring this AC unit and the relay was so rusted I couldn't read the part number. I think i've narrowed it down to being the cooler relay part# 90987-02004-83. Can anyone confirm the correct relay part number ?

factory-air-relay.jpg

Drop the relay in some Evapo Rust and in a short time the rust will be gone and you will be able to read whatever is stamped in the relay.

I feel like i'm chasing my tail trying to find the part number for my 1984 Factory Air Conditioner relay. I'm restoring this AC unit and the relay was so rusted I couldn't read the part number. I think i've narrowed it down to being the cooler relay part# 90987-02004-83. Can anyone confirm the correct relay part number ?

View attachment 3468389

12V

or

24V

?

- did you pull and OHM out the L , M , H blower reister yet ?

- i know @cwags12 , at
HERITAGE specializes in the Exterior NipponDenso Relay there , on the gray plastic mounting bracket

- Good TECH , Excellent use of prioritizing your OEM priorities too , OEM
BLUE BOX = A/C , nice .... :D

- i have the 12 v nos resisters if you need one

matt

1698681258563.png

1698681286895.png

Last edited:
did you pull and OHM out the L , M , H blower reister yet ?
I've pulled it, haven't OHMed it yet. What should the resistance be on part?

The mystery relay

Or

NOS resister ?
I was asking about the resistance of the NOS resistor. Still looking for confirmation on the mystery relay 😂

90987-02004-83 should work from my calculations, at least that is what we are using on the oem ac unit we are installing on an 82FJ40

Thank you @PNGCRUISER , that's what I needed!! Send some photos of the AC installed. cheers

Thank you @PNGCRUISER , that's what I needed!! Send some photos of the AC installed. cheers
No worries, feel like I have searched the four corners of the earth for information on this build to make sure it is original as possible. Have you found any pictures of the firewall area where the lines are routed through and to the evaporator?

No worries, feel like I have searched the four corners of the earth for information on this build to make sure it is original as possible. Have you found any pictures of the firewall area where the lines are routed through and to the evaporator?
I took a few, but not sure you'll be able to tell much from these. They are of the heater and AC unit when I was removing to restore, it could give you a hint as to where some of the lines are fed
IMG_5202.jpeg
IMG_5201.jpeg
IMG_5200.jpeg
IMG_5180.jpeg
IMG_5179.jpeg

Interesting, thank you for posting, I believe we have an OEM ac unit out of a right hand drive by the looks of the lines etc. Going to have to make some custom touches to the routing etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom