Rainman's Brake Lines (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those interested in my secret:
Here's some more teaser...
I'm a true car guy and love tinkering with them. I don't qualify as a full blown mechanic though. So not a mechanic job.
Not going to be a full time illustrator either but will be on occasion.

I'll try to keep you guessing until this is at least very close to opening. (Thanks for playing...)

Metric brake line nuts:

The 4000 nuts I've ordered from overseas are made. Just sitting.
My supplier is bending over backwards for me. (I do trust this guy!)
Over the weekend, he hopes to hear back with the info that they will be shipped DHL on Monday.
That makes them arrive at the supplier by the following Monday or Tuesday.
That gets them here in my shop by say... The 4th of July...ish.

All that may simply be a mist on the horizon. I can't bet anything on it being real. I can only pray that it actually happens.

I CAN get 10m nuts with the 7/16" hex all day long and on Saturdays. That's not the problem. Getting fully metric nuts is.

If you've placed an order and have not heard from me in a while, please PM me. I've kept n touch with most everyone but want to make sure no-one has fallen in the cracks while all this other stuff is going on.

New teaser.

I was asked if I would run a guys new business. Local biz not far from home. It sounded good but unfortunately, I've found that we don't mesh very well. I've done so much research on the biz that I may just open a new shop of my own. I feel strongly that this is right in my wheelhouse, as they say. I'd love to give it away but what's happening right now is one of the reasons I don't want to reveal it yet. We were supposed to be open by now. Nope. I promise that it's not because of me.

Last edited:
A) The nuts I ordered months ago are MIA. Neither I or my supplier really know where they are. The foreigners are giving him lip service. I'm just going to try and be as patient as I can. RBL isn't on my front burner right now. I'm sorry for those waiting. It's just not possible right now.

B) I've started several businesses over the years and some take longer than others. This is one of those longer ones. It's going to be a few more weeks before I can reveal. I'll try to get to brake lines as I can.

Okay. I'm going out on a limb and making the announcement.

I'm starting a new biz in Vehicle Wraps!

I can hardly wait to get it going. It's been keeping me busy for weeks now. Out of town for training. Building stuff to make my garage ready for it. Buying tools and making connections for big equipment. Getting my biz license. Starting a new website. Designing my truck wrap and biz cards and logo. Lining up jobs to start with. I have a fleet customer already. He's a huge friend on this forum.

So that is why I've been so slow with brake line orders. This will be my new livelihood and support for me and the wife. It DEMANDS my full attention. I don't want to close down the Brake Line business but it will take a back seat. And believe it or dump on it, I just got word 100 of both the 9mm and 10mm nuts are on the way. Go figure.

So here's my new logo. It relates to my former business in name.

PAW roundel Logo.jpg

Last edited:
Christmas came early. HJ61 lines!

Thanks @Rainman!

Quality is simply outstanding. I’ll post up when I’ve got them installed.

B6123D91-BAD6-430D-B66E-F7E1B6372093.jpeg

0875401A-58D2-4161-BFF5-B49B5A39D12C.jpeg

UNBELIEVABLE!

I just got off the phone with my supplier.
:bang:

He had good news and bad news. The good was the 9mm nuts are exactly like I asked for. 10mm hex and a small shoulder. The bad news is that the 1mm nuts are just like the crap we can get now. 7/16ths or 11mm hex on every single stinkin' one of them. Does me no good.

But let's look on the bright side... it only took what............ 8 months?

I’m finally getting my lines installed on my HJ61. They are bolting up perfectly. Well done @Rainman!

65946CCB-6B14-4389-B4B6-717D76245890.jpeg

AE5B6EA0-4E2E-48D8-8260-F922C9BD2DDE.jpeg
392A82B7-DB02-4D71-9035-23D7B1421E0A.jpeg
6436178F-BE20-42F0-B5BE-39A38159209B.jpeg

Pretty slick. Rears will be tomorrow night.

Damn, that's good work, even for you Rainey!

Ha ha.... As one of the original owners of custom Rainman brakes lines, I can certainly validate this man's detailed work. Actually, I'm claiming to be THE first "customer" of RBL, since his prior work was just working on his own, or someone else's truck.

Hi @Rainman

One thing to note and I would keep it as is NA specs.
The full floating rear axle of the FJ6x series is every so slightly different in the mounts than the semi-floating axles.
It could be that my FF was out of a 62 series but more of an FYI.

I am looking forward to the FJ60 lines being available, I will be in for a full kit.

You may not have noticed in the previous posts that I've started a new business. It's taking up 95% of my time to get off the ground and it's soon becoming a full time effort. That being said, I've got little time to make the kits. I am not closing the brake lines biz down, just a warning that it may take a while before i can get to it. Also, that means I don't have the time to chase down patterns I don't have.

ALTHOUGH! This new biz may be seasonal. I just don't know that yet. I've built a climate controlled area for this so that will hopefully not be the case. Thanks for your interest though, I've learned to never be surprised at anything that comes down the pike. So you may be able to get lines... I just can't promise anything right now.

Thanks for listening.

You may not have noticed in the previous posts that I've started a new business. It's taking up 95% of my time to get off the ground and it's soon becoming a full time effort. That being said, I've got little time to make the kits. I am not closing the brake lines biz down, just a warning that it may take a while before i can get to it. Also, that means I don't have the time to chase down patterns I don't have.

ALTHOUGH! This new biz may be seasonal. I just don't know that yet. I've built a climate controlled area for this so that will hopefully not be the case. Thanks for your interest though, I've learned to never be surprised at anything that comes down the pike. So you may be able to get lines... I just can't promise anything right now.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the info! Good luck with the new business.

@Willard - my 1989 HJ61 has a semi float rear, and looks visually identical to my 1990 FJ62. I think these lines will work for FJ62 owners. FJ60 lines are slightly different and he will have to accommodate for that.

@Willard - my 1989 HJ61 has a semi float rear, and looks visually identical to my 1990 FJ62. I think these lines will work for FJ62 owners. FJ60 lines are slightly different and he will have to accommodate for that.
Thanks I was not aware of that. My comment was the FF axle vs the SF axle in the 60 series, they are different just slightly on the mounting. Length is the same, but the bends are different enough to be a pain. I was making a suggestion that is rainman was still building these to stick with the SF axles as I am sure he would have.

Any updates on the parts from China?

Any updates on the parts from China?

Those Chinese idiots made good 9mm nuts but failed miserably on the 10mm. They made them with the same stupid 13mm hex on them.

This morning's wrap job.
IMG_1462.JPG

And finally, what I've been waiting for... Been working 7 days a week lately to get to this point.

The company truck:
(almost brings a tear to my eye... but nah... Just a big grin.)

Zebranator III.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom