Rainman's Brake Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i would get your shoulder looked at here right away Rain man , This is where i go for my NOS-OCD Treatment

images78965544.png

Last edited:
Okay... I just got back from the TMH. I found out the hard way that the locals call it 'Too Much Help."

I walk in and they as what the problem is.
"I have an AC separation."
"You need new AC?"
"No! I have an AC separation."
"1970 not come with AC."
"I was born in '60 and I don't need a new AC!"
"Maybe you need freon..."

I left in the same condition I arrived in. Definitely "Not Enough Help."

Hi Rain-Man ,

i hope your Shoulder Heals Up Fast , WE ALL Need you Back on your Feet Sooner Rather Then later Mandrel Bending us up

THE BEST New Reproduction TUBEs in the WEstern Hemisphere ....................... 💥 💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

in the mean time ,

here is some Medicine to Make u feel better , HOT off My Press : :)

DSCN0639.JPG

LOVE the tag! I'm serious here:

I'm selling the '70 but I just may have to keep the tag!

Not brake line related but... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah. I know. Wix screwed up.

It's now

Hello Rainey,

Wondering how the FJ60 break line efforts are coming along?

If needed, I can purchase these and send your way:

Hope all is well,
Victor

I've got a few but need more. Here's what I have:
Long and short front axle lines.
Long and short rear axle lines.

That's it. I need everything else. I haven't seen that thread you linked before.

@Rainman - the axle lines I sent you are for a 62. The lines for a 60 are different, I think. At least visually they appeared different. I should have measured my 62 lines up against my 60 before sending them off to you.

From the research I did, I think the only difference is with the 62 having a load sensing proportioning valve. That has a bundle of 3 long lines replacing the long chassis line. That and the unexplained difference in the two firewall lines.

What are the different firewall lines for the 60 for? Didn't they stop when the 62s were made?
FJ60-62 line diagram.jpg

Guys! I've had to make a small change in my biz. Those neat long boxes that I ship kits in are no longer able to be made. Turns out that the box is too long to run in the big printer without stopping the presses, remove everything and turn my job sideways. Something like that. Now that I've run out of those boxes, I've had to change them. So in addition to the shipping bends I have to put in firewall lines, I'll have to put a shipping bend in the long chassis line. I can put in a union but that adds two places that is a possibility to leak. Not a large one but a chance never the less. Those who don't want to have the line bent have the option for a union. No added charge.

Just a heads up. I've got 3 kits to make that will get the last of the long boxes. I'm trimming 10" off.

@Rainman I know @Tennessee80 has an 88 FJ62 and he lives just north of Franklin and might be able to give you something to look at if you want to try a pattern the 60/62 series.

I think we have a 60 around as well, or at least I could probably find you one locally if you'd like.

THAT would be awesome. The 60/62s are almost all the same as far has the kit goes. (At least the factory diagrams say so.) The 55s have 4 sets. I'd love to get as many lines patterned as I could and offer up more available kits for more Cruiser guys.

HOLY CRAP! BIG NEWS!!! 10mm hex nuts!

I can't believe it! I just got a new shipment of 10mm brake line nuts and to my surprise, They actually got them right! FINALLY! I now have my own designed spec nuts in. With 10mm hexes one them! Nobody make them anymore. Unless they snuck them in in the last month or so.

The only down side is that I now have to start over on kits partially done. I don't have the heart to give someone a kit that needs two different wrenches to instal them. My loss, my gain.

Man, oh man, am I a happy camper...

Okay. Here's the dust that settled after the storm.

I have a few lines that were made right before the new shipment. For an FJ40 9/75 to '84. I'll sell these for a big discount fo anyone who needs just one or two lines. These are brand new, with 10mm nuts with a 7/16th hex on them.
The two Proportioning valve lines for the later trucks.
Front axle short line.
Rear axle short line.
Both rear wheel cylinder lines.

If anyone needs just a small tune up on the short lines, come and get em. I can ship 1 or all for about 10 bucks I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom