Rainman's Brake Lines (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rainey, Are you still doing any brake line kits? I'm ready for an FJ40 kit if you have time!

Thanks,

Mason

Yes. I've had to put this on the back burner for a while with my new biz but I'm slamming kits out this week. 2 FJ45 LV kits are almost done. A few more requests I haven't even responded to yet. You just caught me at the computer so I could respond. I'll try to cover the others now too.

PM me to pull the trigger.

Ok everyone, time to get your orders in for first quarter of 2019 so Rainey has time to do this and his new business. If you are thinking "I need a brake line kit in the next few months," order it now! Better to have one of these pieces of art than to risk Rainey not having time to do this any more! The more orders he gets, the longer he will keep making kits - and we need his craftsmanship!

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. A few have managed to catch me in time for some kits by the holidays and there are 5 more to go. So I'm running two spinning plates at the same time for now. As @Vae Victus said, get em while they're hot!

Tail of two bizs.jpg

Rainy, will the FJ40 line that runs the length of the frame rail (to rear brakes) be one-piece or have to be coupled with a union?

When I last talked to you, you had not decided on this, yet.

Thanks!

One piece.

Finally! Those crazy Chinese still screwed up a little but it's what the whole world has done. These once again have 7/16" hexes on them. I have not been able to find 10m nuts with a metric head on them in a few years. Other than that, these should work perfectly.

Deez nutz.jpg

Looks kinda like a bee's nest... I can hear it now..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks for all the action over the last few weeks. My new biz is going to get there but not quite yet. My first constant push will catch up and I've got new possibilities on the horizon. So while I'm pumping out brake lines in the little shop downstairs, I'm just posting to let all who heeded @Vae Victus earlier post, you're almost all taken care of. I'm down to the last three full kits due and making headway. I'm working on two identical kits for the odd 7/70 thru 8/71 FJ40s. Creating to identical lines at the same time saves a little bench time.

Again... THANKS!

and you know who you are.....

Okay guys... Survey time.

@Jetlander and @wimberosa, you two mentioned nuts that weren't correct for a certain fitting. Could you please tell me here exactly which fitting that is? The Chinese have a hard time making exactly what you ask for. My new 9mm nuts are perfect.. The 10mm aren't what I asked for but seem to work... At least I haven't heard from anyone that they don't. So please post what your build dates are and the exact location of the culprit. That would be most helpful.

my two misfits were for drum cylinders at the rear wheels. didn't seat. I took the
cylinders off just to see whether it was an issue there...but could find no real reason to replace
the cylinders other than the nut wouldn't seat. This was from earlier this year when you had to use
the 7/16 nuts because the 10s weren't avail. May 79 build. texted you those pics before.

My guess is they had too long of a step on the nose. You think that's it? I think the front calipers have trouble with long stepped nuts too. I don't know why Toyota used the steps if there was a clearance issue with them anywhere on the vehicle. Just another quirk to find on the otherwise awesome vehicle.

Been catching up on this thread. I’d be interested in an fj62 if you do end up doing one.

I have the 4 lines that go on the axles. Do you have good copies of the rest of them? If you can send me those, I'll give you a discount and make you a full set.

I have the 4 lines that go on the axles. Do you have good copies of the rest of them? If you can send me those, I'll give you a discount and make you a full set.

Oops, missed your response. My truck is
more or less a DD so can’t provide the missing pieces to copy. What do the 4 pieces run? Will be ready to buy in the spring so no rush. PM if that’s easier.

I can't make any promises but maybe... juuust maybe I'll be getting the chance to prove my patterns work and/or make new improved patterns for the Cruisers this next year. I smell a change in the air of 2019!

Sorry folks. I've got orders to fill but the shop flooded to end the stinking' year. No real damage but a pain and many hours to clean up. I'll be able to get back to filling orders soon.

Great things happened here on the first day of the year so...

Welcome 2019! WooHoo!

There's a stirring in the breeze! I've got two different people who want lines for the FJ60s and say they will be sending lines to me for patterning. It may be a month or so, but I may end up with complete FJ60/62 kits!!!

I've got some brake line kits to make. I hate to say it but just when I got caught up with my inventory of materials, I separated my shoulder.

It's gonna be at least a week longer before I get back in it. Sorry for the few that are waiting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom