Raffle for OEM NOS/NLA parts - shot down! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
So. . .having nearly finalized my build, I debated on what to do with the parts I've been amassing over the years - receipts for +/-45K parts, still have +/-20K sitting in boxes (in a highly secured & undisclosed location=). Although ebay returns a better premium, I had an idea to give back to the 60/62 community. Raffle!

What better way to give back than to give someone a chance at procuring NOS/NLA parts - especially someone that is just starting the struggle that many of us have experienced for far too many years. Then add a 10% of funds donation to the lucky winner for shipping/installation/etc. and 10% donation to IH8MUD, and presto - community served.

The legalities behind setting-up a raffle was mind-blowing, really. It's illegal in California, basically illegal in Louisiana on an individual basis, and simply put, I don't see a way around the legalities.

If you know of a way to legally achieve the above - not hypothetically, legit & fully legal - let me know, otherwise they're going to be listed on ebay.

Shane

I think your best bet is to find some other nonprofit in your area that you like who is or has run raffles for fundraising purposes and see if they are interested.

I think your best bet is to find some other nonprofit in your area that you like who is or has run raffles for fundraising purposes and see if they are interested.
That’s a friggin great idea…we do several fund raisers/raffles for the DAV community locally…appreciate the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom