Radiator- FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dont know if there is a direct fit from them, but on the FZJ 80s we are having great results with the aluminum TYC brand radiator. Very inexpensive, but seem to hold up to our desert heat very well. We wheel them hard when it is over 110 degrees out in the desert. Rock Auto and Amazon both carry them.

The only difference between the 3fe and 1fzfe radiator is the lower tube diameter and the coolant expansion tube at the top. For $200, might be worth a try with a reducer and plug the fitting at the top, obviously the fan shroud is different b as well...

I’m not funny another gauge, just the stock one. But I haven’t seen it ever move into the upper 1/4 of its range. I suppose I’d only spend the money on one if I had a reason to like yourself. Sorry for the hijack.

The OEM gauge is total crap unless you modify it use search

i decided to add one external dry temp gauge and an Bluetooth OBD1 reader

when my engine gets hot the OEM crap dosnot move

Wow, that is one expensive radiator however with the performance gains you mentioned it sounds like it is worth it.

The only difference between the 3fe and 1fzfe radiator is the lower tube diameter and the coolant expansion tube at the top. For $200, might be worth a try with a reducer and plug the fitting at the top, obviously the fan shroud is different b as well...

Is the lower tube smaller or larger than the 3FE version? What effect does the coolant expansion tube have on it? In terms of heating and what not?

I have a 92 with the factory plastic radiator and it has an intermittent "seepage" which is hardly even a leak.

I'm debating upgrading/replacing it, the factory one has been enough for the cummins motor for the most part, but the top spout is on the opposite side as compared to the motor, I may just get it cut and welded to the other side of the radiator, to match the engine and take up less space with a crossover pipe to connect them.

I believe the fan should is different on the FZJ rad. from the 3fe variant.

Is the lower tube smaller or larger than the 3FE version? What effect does the coolant expansion tube have on it? In terms of heating and what not?

I have a 92 with the factory plastic radiator and it has an intermittent "seepage" which is hardly even a leak.

I'm debating upgrading/replacing it, the factory one has been enough for the cummins motor for the most part, but the top spout is on the opposite side as compared to the motor, I may just get it cut and welded to the other side of the radiator, to match the engine and take up less space with a crossover pipe to connect them.
The lower tube on the 1fz-fe is slightly larger than the 3fe lower. The expansion tube can be capped and plugged. I believe it has been documented on MUD on fitting a 93+ radiator on the 3fe. I am sure the factory one or any after market one will work with the cummin conversion as the motor doesn't have to work as hard. For a lifted and armored 3fe with larger tires, the copper/brass CSF was just not cutting it.

The lower tube on the 1fz-fe is slightly larger than the 3fe lower. The expansion tube can be capped and plugged. I believe it has been documented on MUD on fitting a 93+ radiator on the 3fe. I am sure the factory one or any after market one will work with the cummin conversion as the motor doesn't have to work as hard. For a lifted and armored 3fe with larger tires, the copper/brass CSF was just not cutting it.

I dont think Ive ever heard of the expansion tube, is this just the hose of the fill neck?

Yep, some have used the 1FZ radiator on 3FE, the lower hose is like 1-5/8" vs 1-1/2" and the bypass tube needs to be plugged. Also the fill cap is on the other side, to the right on the 1FZ, left on the 3FE. Rockauto lists a all aluminum radiator for the 3FE, LILAND GLOBAL 1469AA3R looks to be an older design, but better than nothing?

Hard to beat that with a life time replacement!!

Unless you’ll be spending your life pulling it out to replace it. That was not a job I want to do more than I have to.

Last edited:
Unless you’ll be spending your life pulling it out to replace it. That was not a job I want to do more than I have to.
I can relate. I ended up purchasing an aluminum 3 row Liland Model 1469AA3R and got it for under 200 bucks. Comes with a 1 year warranty. Should be in this weekend for which I will install at that time. Time will tell how well it holds up I suppose.

Let us know how it works out.

I can relate. I ended up purchasing an aluminum 3 row Liland Model 1469AA3R and got it for under 200 bucks. Comes with a 1 year warranty. Should be in this weekend for which I will install at that time. Time will tell how well it holds up I suppose.
Bringing this back! How is the Liland Radiator holding up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom