Question on PNs - Replacing ATF Cooler Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will Van

GOLD Star
Threads
I am replacing the four rubber ATF lines for the trans coolers - 2 that attach to the radiator, and 2 that attach to the transmission cooler at the front of the truck. Does anyone know the four Toyota PNs for these lines?

E92836_E2_33_B9_4546_93_FC_B2_DC251_E4858.jpg

8_C2_D4539_ECF3_46_A5_A9_A5_4_EF8_F3_DE5_B13.jpg

C88_C4_D56_F7_DF_4_DF9_9_F3_E_2_F6_F956542_FD.jpg
5_BEA6_C99_054_E_4022_BD51_AF4_ACB58_B9_E3.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea what this hose #8 in the scematic is? PN 32942-60231? In the schematic, it's hose #8 - a second inlet hose. I have #7 and #9 (32941-60110 and 32942-60121) but not sure what that third hose is. I'm not seeing where a second inlet hose would go. The schematic is a LX and mine is a '94 LC but don't think that is the difference. Trying to get stock hoses back in place after PO hose spaghetti just let go. Thanks for the post and this thread prepped me for this job taking a little longer than I would have thought.

Last edited:
Any idea what this hose #8 in the scematic is? PN 32942-60231? In the schematic, it's hose #8 - a second inlet hose. I have #7 and #9 (32941-60110 and 32942-60121) but not sure what that third hose is. I'm not seeing where a second inlet hose would go. The schematic is a LX and mine is a '94 LC but don't think that is the difference. Trying to get stock hoses back in place after PO hose spaghetti just let go. Thanks for the post and this thread prepped me for this job taking a little longer than I would have thought.
View attachment 1923525
#8 is a return hose. It connects the short steel tube that transitions through the radiator core support to the steel return line that is routed along the engine block (lower line). You can save a lot of money by using 3/8” Gates trans cooler hose at every location save the preformed hose that carries fluid from the upper steel line beside the engine block over to the inlet of the radiator on the passenger side. The preformed shape ensures the hose won’t come into contact with the belts and fan.

Will any trans cooler hose work for the inlet & outlet of the trans cooler. If so, anyone know the size I should get?

Will any trans cooler hose work for the inlet & outlet of the trans cooler. If so, anyone know the size I should get?
3/8” Gates or Parker trans cooler hose has worked for me 5 years now using regular hose clamps. Constant torque clamps like the oem clamps are optimal but not mandatory if you don’t mind doing a clamp check every year or two.

Back to the original post. I found the part numbers given but can't figure out which two are which. I am only looking for the hoses that go to the radiator. Does anyone know which PN's those are?

The universal lines I got from O'Reilly's say they are the correct size 3/8" ID but one does not want to go one at all so figured I would be better off getting the correct hose from toyota.

Thanks,

3/8" ATF compatible hose is 9.5MM ID, the OEM hoses are 10mm ID, however with a little bit of lube (ATF) many people have used the 3/8" hose, including myself. Maybe try a different manufacturer??

You could also check out Absolute Wits End, IIRC they had a kit with all the transmission cooler hoses.

the wits end kit is 3/8" hose too

i did this last year using parts store ATF rated bulk hose. lube the fitting and shove it on. maybe warm the hose w/ a heat gun if that isn't enough. buy a box of good hose clamps b/c the stock ones will be too loose.

Good Morning Mud :flipoff2:

I have located a small leak on my transmission cooler hoses, I'm tempted to go gates 3/8 but I'll try and find factory constant pressure clamps I can make work.

I landed the long 32941-60110 hose when I was sourcing parts for my 1fz refresh last may. I'm a Mr T factory parts guy all the way on the 80 when I can source it. I may have to go gates on the other 3.

Does anyone have a line on alternative hose besides Gates,?

Good Morning Mud :flipoff2:

I have located a small leak on my transmission cooler hoses, I'm tempted to go gates 3/8 but I'll try and find factory constant pressure clamps I can make work.

I landed the long 32941-60110 hose when I was sourcing parts for my 1fz refresh last may. I'm a Mr T factory parts guy all the way on the 80 when I can source it. I may have to go gates on the other 3.

Does anyone have a line on alternative hose besides Gates,?
Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom