Question for Truck-Lite Owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Gentlemen,

I've been trying to put LEDs in my 60 for quite some time now. A while ago, I bought some "Lifetime LEDS," only to find out about the reverse polarity in the headlight wiring in the 60s.

I've done my research, and it seems that the Truck-Lite LED Headlights are the only LED Headlights on the market that work with reverse polarity (I confirmed this with a lady on Truck-Lite Tech support today).

These are the headlights I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-2...07665765&sr=8-2&keywords=truck+lite+headlight

But after scouring the forum years back, I've been unable to find out conclusively whether these truck-lites are, in fact, plug-and-play. I'm not to wiring-savvy and it's probably best for me to do a more simple install.

Does anybody have experience with truck-lites and whether they are plug and play in the FJ60s?

As always, thank you!

Trucklites on my FJ60 with stock wiring harness were plug and play. Everything worked without modification.

FJ62...now that's a work in progress.

Plug and play ..

20170303151231-e9cec57f-me.jpg

LED headlights improved night and rain driving safety 100%. Or 200%.

I don't have that truck anymore, but my experience with LED headlights has led me to purchase Trucklites for my FJ62 daily driver and JW Speakers for my soon-to-be-daily driver HJ61. That is a LOT of cash but I feel that for me, the ability to see and be seen is the most important factor in driving a 30 year old truck in modern traffic.

@bottombracket thanks for the info! It's also nice to hear you're so happy with them—it's definitely a big purchase but I'm thinking more and more that it's worth it.

@Tapage your cruiser looks well outfitted, sits nice too! I'd love to get some new leaf springs in mine, but that's a spendy one.

and @NeverGiveUpYota thanks for the reference.

I'm very happy with that truck lite LED route .. very clear light pattern were it should be and much ( way less ) V usage and temp ..

Plug and play ..

20170303151231-e9cec57f-me.jpg

If you’re still listening... I installed these on my HZJ73 this weekend, and while they work, the connectors are such a tight fit that the metal tabs won’t go all the way into the receptacle. Did you have this issue, or did they plug in so that everything is flush? Thanks.
E18E7546-446D-4C26-A78E-463851CD86E6.jpeg

If you’re still listening... I installed these on my HZJ73 this weekend, and while they work, the connectors are such a tight fit that the metal tabs won’t go all the way into the receptacle. Did you have this issue, or did they plug in so that everything is flush? Thanks.View attachment 2124722

I didn't have this issue coz I did change mine ( factory connectors ) while ago for ceramic ones .. in your case I would just trim the spades a bit to make them go complete in ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom