Question about lx470 lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The LX470 comes with a lift built in. Adjust your t-bars and use airbags and you can carry more than a regular 100 series LC. I've loaded the rear of mine with over 1500 lbs of ammo and it still goes to high if I have 10 psi in my air bags.

Does everything I want and more.

I saw that video last week I think!

Ahc components often last 3,4,500k miles. That’s highly uncommon for conventional shocks.

But to be fair to OTRAMM, they see east coast vehicles at their worst after local shops can’t/won’t figure stuff out so I understand him disliking ahc. Many dealers don’t seem to know much about the system so owners are kind of on their own when they have an issue.

In terms of lift you can to do a 1-2 inch body lift and 2-3 inch suspension lift. 3.5-4 inches total isn’t a big deal.
Fortunately they told me my purchase was in better condition than the majority they see roll in. It’s so clean and the little things wrong with it, I’ve been able to resolve myself.

Fortunately they told me my purchase was in better condition than the majority they see roll in. It’s so clean and the little things wrong with it, I’ve been able to resolve myself.
Didn’t you say you just spent $4500 on it?

Didn’t you say you just spent $4500 on it?
timing belt, pulleys, tensioners, water pump, fluid replace, we also did a comprehensive inspection and brake light relay fix

What they meant by clean is body and frame condition is good with very little rust, although I have a bit of rust forming in the trunk.

The aforementioned have to be done on both clean and rust bucket examples to stay running well.

These door jams though, you could eat off of - pretty awesome for having traveled further than the moon is away from earth.

3E279C5E-8B6F-47F1-899B-A0939C1A6121.jpeg

Seems like your questions have been answered but I have ARB deluxe bumper with 10k winch, Metaltech sliders, Asfir skids, Prinsu roof rack, and ValleyTech rear bumper with dual swing outs, rotopax and a 34" MT spare currently my truck weighs 6600lb. I'm still on AHC and I wheel regularly. I added King springs in the rear before I added the rear bumper and skids but I didnt need it as my pressures were still in spec. The only thing I had to do was adjust the torsion bars.

As bad as I want a fixed lift to have the lifted look its really no need for it. In my opinion I would save your money for now, skip the lift, flush your AHC fluid and replace your shock bushings if they havent been recently and get your bumper, winch, protection etc.

Seems like your questions have been answered but I have ARB deluxe bumper with 10k winch, Metaltech sliders, Asfir skids, Prinsu roof rack, and ValleyTech rear bumper with dual swing outs, rotopax and a 34" MT spare currently my truck weighs 6600lb. I'm still on AHC and I wheel regularly. I added King springs in the rear before I added the rear bumper and skids but I didnt need it as my pressures were still in spec. The only thing I had to do was adjust the torsion bars.

As bad as I want a fixed lift to have the lifted look its really no need for it. In my opinion I would save your money for now, skip the lift, flush your AHC fluid and replace your shock bushings if they havent been recently and get your bumper, winch, protection etc.
Sound advice. It’ll be next year before I can afford the bumper upgrade anyways but yeah decided not to lift currently. Anything in the front suspension I should change in terms of bushings, linkage, cushions etc before adding ARB deluxe front bumper?

Sound advice. It’ll be next year before I can afford the bumper upgrade anyways but yeah decided not to lift currently. Anything in the front suspension I should change in terms of bushings, linkage, cushions etc before adding ARB deluxe front bumper?
No you dont have to add anything. You could flush your AHC fluid if it hasnt been done. Once you install the bumper check your AHC pressures with techstream. They will likely be elevated and you'll need to adjust your torsion bars to bring the pressures back down.

No you dont have to add anything. You could flush your AHC fluid if it hasnt been done. Once you install the bumper check your AHC pressures with techstream. They will likely be elevated and you'll need to adjust your torsion bars to bring the pressures back down.
Sorry I didn’t mean add anything like aftermarket, but rather replace them with new Toyota bushings etc. it’s a high mileage vehicle: 241500 miles

Are you still running with the original factory globes? How many grads from them?

Sorry I didn’t mean add anything like aftermarket, but rather replace them with new Toyota bushings etc. it’s a high mileage vehicle: 241500 miles
You can but in terms of carrying the add weight its not needed. Since I've owned my truck I've replaced the sway bar end links with extended ones and they came with new bushings. At the same time I replaced the sway bar bushings that are on the frame. I just replaced my AHC shock bushings at around 219k miles but not because I thought they were causing an issue. I new they could be replaced and I was flushing the system so I figured I'd do it all together. Depending on the condition of the nuts on the AHC shocks it could be a real challenge though.

Are you still running with the original factory globes? How many grads from them?
Yes everything is still stock. I wrote that down somewhere but don't remember. It was within the acceptable range though. Like 11 or so? It was healthy

You can but in terms of carrying the add weight its not needed. Since I've owned my truck I've replaced the sway bar end links with extended ones and they came with new bushings. At the same time I replaced the sway bar bushings that are on the frame. I just replaced my AHC shock bushings at around 219k miles but not because I thought they were causing an issue. I new they could be replaced and I was flushing the system so I figured I'd do it all together. Depending on the condition of the nuts on the AHC shocks it could be a real challenge though.
Cool I just bought stabilizer links, 4 globes, and a bunch of bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom