Quality of ITM Engine Gasket set? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the 2F on my 83 FJ60 and I just picked up my cylinder head from the machinist today. It looks great! I'll post up before and after pictures later. My issue is that the machinist ordered an entire engine gasket set from ITM (I guess he needed it for some valve seals), I have never heard of ITM and after closely examining the various gaskets I'm not sure the quality is up to par, overall the gaskets appear to be thinner and flimsy compared to the OEM gaskets I have used before. Also, the oil pan gasket is in 4 pieces and I know the OEM gasket for an 83 FJ60 is a one piece unit. And the gasket is made of a different material than the OEM cork gasket. It is reddish and feels more rubbery than OEM.

So my question is does anyone have experience or opinions about ITM gaskets? What's up with the 4 piece gasket set and rubbery material? My feeling now is that I'll just have to eat the cost of this one, keep it as a spare, and then order the OEM engine gasket set which unfortunately is over or close to $200.

What do you think.

Thanks,

Matt

I use ITM by choice. Good stuff. Although the oilpan gasket that I get from them is a one piece. Well, actually it has rubber end pieces bonded to cork sides so it *it* four pieces, but it is joined together in the manufacturing process so it's ne piece before I lay hands on it.

A four piece pan gasket is no big deal regardless. Especially since you are installing it with the engine on a stand, not already installed in the rig.

I've built a lot of engines using UTM gaskets and have zero complaints.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom